Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 23-08-2011 , 04:14 AM

NORMALIZE POLY SURFACE

I am a beginner & try to learn maya with the help maya tutorial of youtube ,now my problem is I make a bird & wish to apply far. When I apply far it looks like the attachment. not full body only some few space.

Now suggest how I will get far in full body & how I normalize the Poly surface ? please help......

with regards

ANIMESH

Attached Images
# 2 23-08-2011 , 10:22 AM
The thin red line
You need to have your model UVed first then check if your norms are facing the same way(in the panel under lighting turn of two sided lighting)if some are showing as black they are facing the wrong way, with the mesh selected go to mormals then conform......dave

# 3 23-08-2011 , 03:19 PM
I do not understand your question. I have no idea what you mean by "apply far"

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675
# 4 23-08-2011 , 04:46 PM
The Nurb Herd

I do not understand your question. I have no idea what you mean by "apply far"

seriously? ...how about apply fur?

# 5 23-08-2011 , 06:27 PM
yes seriously! Far means a long distance away. Is there a reason I should have assumed he meant Fur? Furthermore, what does the title "Normalize Poly Surface" have to do with Maya FUR? I had no idea what he was on about until you mentioned FUR.

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675

Last edited by ctbram; 25-08-2011 at 02:07 PM.