Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 30-09-2011 , 08:22 PM
Subscriber

problem with smoothing!

Hi guys,

I wondered if anybody out there could help me. I seem to have a problem when smoothing an object. The mesh smooths apart from the very corners. They remain very sharp. I have tried to play around with the settings in the smooth option box ( and I am sure this problem is solveable) but it is just a question of knowing which option to adjust. The problem arises if I choose to smooth a mesh through the edit scroll down options, or if I press 3 on the keyboard.

# 2 30-09-2011 , 08:39 PM
The thin red line
Have you got any screen shots..........dave

# 3 30-09-2011 , 08:51 PM
Subscriber

Have you got any screen shots..........dave

I have attached a screenshot (or I hope it worked anyway).

Attached Thumbnails
# 4 30-09-2011 , 09:06 PM
The thin red line
Have you delete some edges and left some verts behind, go into vert mode and see if you have extra verts...........dave

Edit:if that does not work run a clean mesh

# 5 30-09-2011 , 09:12 PM
Subscriber

I have attached a screenshot (or I hope it worked anyway).

I have found the answer (or the solution). For anyone else that has the same problem, then you need to go onto the attribute editor/extra controls and select legacy. Not really sure on why, but it has worked...

# 6 30-09-2011 , 09:13 PM
Subscriber

I have found the answer (or the solution). For anyone else that has the same problem, then you need to go onto the attribute editor/extra controls and select legacy. Not really sure on why, but it has worked...

Dave - I had checked the verts first, but thanks for taking the time anyway.