Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 05-10-2011 , 06:21 PM

is it Possible to even do this (Bezier curve issue)?

I have a bezier curve of a simple piece of geometry I'm going to be working with.

However, I have a vertex point issue / closure issue on the curve I'm addressing. For whatever reason, Control /shift didn't close the curve (like a pixel length still open). I probably did the operation too fast so that's no big deal, I can rebuild the curve...except that I really like this version and would like to keep it. But, I now have an unclosed curve I cant extrude until I (if I can keep it and not have to rebuild) finish the operation on. I can't seem to be able to go back in from object mode and reactivate the curve so that I can operate a close procedure on the last two vertices.

Is this even possible, or am I forced to have to rebuild a B curve every time I either miss the close operation as above, or forget it and exit the curve operation to object mode altogether, etc?

Any help would be appreciated.

Travis

# 2 05-10-2011 , 06:41 PM
Great community
I dont know if it's exactly what are you looking for but if you want to close/open curve first of all select that curve go to Surface Panel and there Edit Curves -> Open/Close curves.

Creck

May the good times and treasures of the present become the golden memories of tomorrow.
# 3 05-10-2011 , 08:09 PM
Thanks Creck. No, not exactly, but I really appreciated the reply.

I've got the open close in my shelf (which I use for the standard curves with planar operations and such. It's not quite the same issue. My problem is I accidentally disengaged (went into another mode) the B curve without closing it with control+shift. It (Curve) won't sort of "let me back in" to re-engage the curve from object mode so that I can finish it by closing the last two points.

# 4 01-07-2013 , 02:18 PM
Subscriber

Curve issue

Do you still have history on this curve, if so you can click on the spot where you disengaged.