Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 27-10-2011 , 10:10 PM

Accidentally deleted Surface

Hi, I am extremely new to Maya (like I downloaded it today, student edition) - and I have been looking all over the internet for some way to fix this error. I am trying to make a custom model for League of Legends (probably not that important), and while I was deleting some objects from the original model - I deleted this surface plane so now this other object has an open hole in it.

I don't *want* that hole there, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to close it. I've tried to do 'append to polygon' and 'fill hole', but neither have worked. Maybe I am doing it wrong?

If someone could help me figure this out, I would be unbelievably grateful. It's just a small triangular shaped face that got deleted, but it's giving me the biggest headache... I attached an image of it just in case I don't make any sense.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 27-10-2011 , 10:17 PM
Lifetime Member
When you use the fill hole command you have to select all of the edges of the hole that you want to fill. It should work without problems just right click select edges then make sure you select all three and then use the fill hole command.

What Champion are you doing it for?

- Jake
# 3 27-10-2011 , 11:52 PM
Well I just started over because it was really boggling me. Working on Talon right now. user added image Would the fill hole not work if... like something isn't merged..? Cuz it's annoying how I took out his daggers on the cloak and snagged some extra polygon piece from somewhere else. The daggers I found out later are grouped (not all together, but the whole dagger is one piece), but this stray piece I got from the other part of his cloak. Does that make sense? I don't know if that would cause problems or not...