Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 10-11-2011 , 07:34 PM

SimplyZbrush website

This site really rocks, i have learnt maya in no time, with your tutorials.

I really want to see tutorials about Zbrush. It would be great to have like, Simply Zbrush, with you guys, it will be easy to learn Zbursh.

It is possible to make a site for Zbrush?

I know that many people will support me for thisuser added image

# 2 11-11-2011 , 09:24 PM
Administrator
Thanks for the kind words,

Unfortunately no plans for a SimplyZBrush site at the moment we're working on adding new features to SimplyMaya and SimplyLightwave.

We do training for software that integrates with Maya on this site as well though, for ZBrush there's just one texturing tutorial Surfing with the Alien vol 2 for now, but hopefully we'll build a proper ZBrush section over the next year and add a forum category. It will just go under the SimplyMaya banner because multiple sites are difficult.

Cheers,
Nilla

# 3 15-11-2011 , 10:15 AM
Subscriber
Jays sand speeder tut also included some texturing in zbrush.

# 4 15-11-2011 , 05:32 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
If I may be so bold, isn't it better to have just one site , simply 3d world was a name once i recall, this way you can adjust your offering to "the market" more easily, if you want to do 1 zbrush course you can do that, if you have a dedicated site for that it would mean you need to get more courses online, at least one dedicated expert who is browsing the forum answering questions to keep the forum alive ...

# 5 15-11-2011 , 05:40 PM
EduSciVis-er
The problem with that Mastone, is that if you merged simplymaya into a more general site, most of the community would naturally follow, but then you'd have people always whining "this site is simply3d world, why is everyone doing maya only?" when they want help with blender or modo or something.

# 6 15-11-2011 , 07:45 PM

The problem with that Mastone, is that if you merged simplymaya into a more general site, most of the community would naturally follow, but then you'd have people always whining "this site is simply3d world, why is everyone doing maya only?" when they want help with blender or modo or something.

If you create dedicated sections on the forum, I think it will not be that bad.
Besides if the amount of people coming over from the simplylightwave site for instance will be the same number they have no reason to complain( size of the community will be the same).
If you do some dynamic linking to accounts ( I am not that websavvy, but i think it can be done) where you can choose to be a package X and/or Y user so that you will only see Package X/Y ( or see both of course) and their related posts/topics on the homepage.

From a bussiness point of view it's smarter, since you open yourself up to a wider selection of users, can place (uninrussive) banners on your site which generate more money, you can offer a wider selection of tuts and can go crosplatform/package/discipline ( Maya and Nuke integration for instance).

But again it's just an idea user added image

# 7 17-11-2011 , 03:14 PM
Administrator
Merging SimplyMaya and SimplyLightwave into one site is a lot more complicated than one would think so that's said, with it comes a huge set of practical issues and it's not going to happen.

Running two sites is more work than running one and if you added more simply sites and had say 5 sites you'd have 5 sites to drive traffic towards which with the best will in the world would be almost impossible and you'd end up with at least 3 dead forums and people would wonder why SimplyZBrush wasn't lively and cool like SimplyMaya whilst everyone would still be posting on Pixologic.

The way it is now stand alone training for other apps can go on both sites, which is nice because lifetime members get access to additional training if they want it and you don't have to worry about registering for multiple sites if you're a SimplyMaya member who wants to watch a RealFlow tutorial. Also this means that this site with resources and forum can stay Maya focused and we can add subcategories to the forum if there's a demand in the community for them. So it keeps the identity of SimplyMaya which would not be the case with Simply3DWorld.

Finding good instructors is another challenge, and if you had main apps like Max, Maya and Lightwave under the same banner people would get upset that there was more training released for one app than the other which would be inevitable. Training like that would be very difficult to quality control, and you'd end up with junk tutorials explaining the interface in 12 different ways to keep the numbers up.

What we're trying to do at the moment is make this a better site with community features like uploads, portfolio and news sections and create some more training for things that would be relevant to Maya users and I think that's a better way to go than create a monster site that quite frankly we wouldn't have the capacity to maintain.

Nilla

# 8 17-11-2011 , 03:49 PM
Technical Director

If you create dedicated sections on the forum, I think it will not be that bad.

And then you get a mess like the CGTalk forums. People posting in the wrong places, etc. It also spreads a large user-base thin.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 9 17-11-2011 , 07:48 PM

And then you get a mess like the CGTalk forums. People posting in the wrong places, etc. It also spreads a large user-base thin.

CG talk is an extreme, there are different gradations and variations.
Again it was just an idea