Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 19-06-2007 , 09:48 PM

Perfecto's Website

I just created a website to display all my works. Here's the link

https://erothf.googlepages.com/

It was really easy and there's no ads (that I know of). I just created a google gmail account and then created the google website. You get 100MB of space. It's basic website but probably good enough for posting a simple art gallery.

Edit: Forgot to mention...it's all free!

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!

Last edited by Perfecto; 19-06-2007 at 10:01 PM.
# 2 19-06-2007 , 09:55 PM
Subscriber
pretty cool webpage and nice work! I forgot all about the page you can create when you have gmail. I need to get on that, and back into maya, I took a 3 week break, it got real nice out.

# 3 19-06-2007 , 10:00 PM
Thanks Rhetoric Camel, and yes the nice weather does make it hard to get behind the computer at times. Today was just perfect in East Tennessee, nice and warm with a cool summers breeze. Too bad I was working.

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 4 20-06-2007 , 07:57 AM

Website Correction

Website Correction: Prior to this reply, I had Kurt B. as the modeler of the Ray Gun but it was actually modeled by Mike McKinley. Webpage has been updated accordingly.

Exceed Expectations!
# 5 20-06-2007 , 10:09 AM
Subscriber
Gratz on the launch. Nice and easy to navigate user added image
The monkey just killed me ahahaha.

Currently working on reclaiming Space
The Salvation Prophecy

Last edited by AlphaFlyte; 20-06-2007 at 10:11 AM.
# 6 20-06-2007 , 12:35 PM
Subscriber
very nice - makes me feel abit foolish that my new sites has taken 3 weeks and been planning it for 3 months

Last edited by tweetytunes; 20-06-2007 at 12:42 PM.
# 7 20-06-2007 , 12:58 PM
I'm sure my site won't have as much features or options as yours, but it was really easy to do. I have no web knowledge but to set up the website only took about 10 minutes. Then about an hour to load up all my images (I have dial up). I spent another hour just trying to get the dates of my projects and references, etc. It's funny because now I find myself checking to see if anyone else has a web page everytime I view a post.

Thanks for the comment.

Exceed Expectations!
# 8 20-06-2007 , 01:28 PM
Jr.Who
Sweet site, but on the web design side, and the programming side, thereƕs some problems. Did you make this (and edit it) straight from some Google web-builder tool thing, or do you use a program (like Dreamweaver)? user added image

# 9 20-06-2007 , 01:44 PM
No, it was just the google tools that I used. It's got some a some designs you can choose from and a few layouts. Then it gives you the option to attach images, links, or just type. You can also change the font style and color too. But, I think that's about it.

One day, I'll probably create a much better site once I get better with my modeling. I have some VB programing skills so I'm sure I could figure it out pretty easily once I attempt it. I just don't really want a bunch of advertisements on my stuff if you know what I mean.

Exceed Expectations!
# 10 24-06-2007 , 07:19 PM
Subscriber
cool website and nice pictures, love the sketches aswell user added image