Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 16 09-01-2012 , 10:23 PM
The thin red line
My introduction to being a father was to be handed a new born baby covered in blood (now 19 Jay) and told to clean her up and dress her, I had never picked a bady up before in my life...........LOL.......dave

# 17 10-01-2012 , 06:09 AM
My 1cent unprofessional advice is that although all kids are different, let them get used to sleeping with noise. You'll be glad you did later on. My wife has two sisters that both have several kids. When they nap, they can't do anything because the slightest noise wakes them up. My son however sleeps through ANYTHING!

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 18 10-01-2012 , 06:57 AM
Acid44
My mom said the same thing, I've been watching TV shows online and movies on netflix and stuff with him sleeping, just slowly raising the volume each time. He's doing pretty well so far, I can watch movies at normal volume but have to turn it down each time it gets to one of those super loud parts that the sound techs are too lazy to fix

# 19 10-01-2012 , 08:47 AM
Lifetime Member
HEY MAN....sorry Im late!!! well done and congrats....bahahah David...400 kids my arse. As a bloke who's last 2 kids DIDNT sleep...its hard yakka mate. My son didnt sleep for 2 years and Kailani looks like she will be doing the same...thank goodness I work in the bush LOL. As daverave said, just calm down, step back, deep breath and go for it. You WILL have some tussles with the missus...of course she has just been through a lot.

Look out for post natal depression mate...best thing to do (if your job permits)..is lots of relaxing baths for her...with the old bath salts and some nice music. You will have to learn to change the nappies...and trust me the organic ones can be bloody horrible LOL, but you get used to it.

And no you smartarse Im not busy in the city of children...Im in the bush watching a cyclone form up just out of the town Im in...jeeezzzzz.

Dont worry mate, when he cries you will bloody hear it, trust me. My missus was back home within 24 hours and I was knackered...but everytime she woke...so did I, though I didnt have a boob with 30 litres of milk in it LOL so I could doze off.

Mate if you need any advice, just give me or daverave a call man, we both have 5 kids man...A Tale of Two Cities...bahahahah. Dont panic, is the big word, ask Mums and Nannas...DONT believe all the bullshit you hear and see on the internet...I was like that at first...dont do it. Trust your gut instinct man, and DONT believe what some of the medicos may tell you. My Jules has had plenty of stoushes with them, she trusted her instinct and went to her OWN trusted Doctor....keep that in mind.

Fare thee well new parents, enjoy the complexity of a new life....they are hard work...but good to have.

Cheers Bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 20 10-01-2012 , 08:51 AM
Lifetime Member
And ND, they might have been good back in the day....not for me....disposables...quick and easy LOL. You can even get get ones that have indicators that change colour when they wee.....cool for inept fathers LOL.

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 21 10-01-2012 , 04:29 PM
As Zbrushiac sounds stupid!
Congrats man, that's awesome to hear. Sorry I didn't post earlier, must have skipped by it.

Again, congrats!

www.stevenegan-cgi.com

"Your weapons are no match for ours! People of Mars, surrender!"
"Um, this isn't Mars. This is Earth."
"Earth? Earth-with-nuclear-weapons Earth?"
"Yes."
[long pause] "Friend!!"
# 22 10-01-2012 , 07:04 PM
Administrator
Congratulations to you both good that everything went alright. Also hope you got some proper rest by now.

Nilla

# 23 11-01-2012 , 02:17 AM
Events Team at Wargaming.net
Hey congrats man, no advice to give here, still living my youth out :p, but like everyone said, give it time I am sure it will all come together.

# 24 11-01-2012 , 09:37 AM
Super Moderator
Been cases of the preggers going around geez. Gratz on the bundle of joyuser added image I don't have any advice however I have gotten earfuls about the toll of the 3am feedings and getting no action hehe.

- Genny
# 25 11-01-2012 , 10:04 PM
Acid44
@ Bullet - Man that's a lot to read with this little sleep user added image You're right though, I've been waking up to every little noise now. Hell, last night I woke myself up by knocking a little bottle of baby lotion off the bed. It's getting easier as I get more used to having him around. Still having a bit of trouble with feeding him every 3 hours, but as long as I'm awake he's getting all he needs. To make up for that and try to get it steadier I've been trying to stay awake as long as my girlfriend is sleeping, ans sleep while she's awake. She seems to be doing a lot better already, been helping more and more after each of her long ass naps user added image

@Mayaniac, Miss Nova, Oz, and Genn - Thanks for the grats ;D

Also @ Genn - It's been about 3 months since I've gotten any action, so I think I can manage another little while before I snap and start making advances on things in my fridge user added image

# 26 12-01-2012 , 01:43 PM
Lifetime Member
LOL...when or if you need to talk mate I am here...oh and the 'action' is just soemthing you have to live without for a while LOL

cheers bullet

bullet1968