Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 23-11-2011 , 12:25 AM
SM Tea Boy

Upgrade your browsers!

Just going through the stats for SimplyMaya we get over 10 thousand visits every month from people browsing with IE <6 and Firefox <3

If your're one of them hit the update button. You might be shocked at how the web now looks and works on something that's not older than I am.

Shocking really!
Dave user added image

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 2 23-11-2011 , 04:47 AM
I like chrome

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675
# 3 23-11-2011 , 08:54 AM
I have to agree with Rick, used to be a Firefox man, but haven't looked back since Chrome.

# 4 23-11-2011 , 11:55 AM
As Zbrushiac sounds stupid!
Me three, Firefox seemed to be getting fatter and slower with each update. Chrome for me!

www.stevenegan-cgi.com

"Your weapons are no match for ours! People of Mars, surrender!"
"Um, this isn't Mars. This is Earth."
"Earth? Earth-with-nuclear-weapons Earth?"
"Yes."
[long pause] "Friend!!"
# 5 23-11-2011 , 11:56 AM
SM Tea Boy
Chrome for browsing. Firefox when designing and debugging pages.

Dave user added image

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 6 23-11-2011 , 05:18 PM
I agree it's the speed and simplicity of chrome I like. I still keep firefox updated as chrome does run into the occasional issue on IE pages. It used to lock up on the maya man pages until I installed this handy plugin the helps chrome with IE pages....

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...bkbammjbdenadd

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675
# 7 23-11-2011 , 05:30 PM
# 8 23-11-2011 , 05:45 PM
Lifetime Member
I agree with Dave Chrome for browsing but Firefox for debugging the Firebug plugin just seems to work better and has more features. I cant believe people are still using IE6 and FF3 that's just nonsense user added image

- Jake
# 9 23-11-2011 , 05:50 PM
EduSciVis-er
I can understand not updating IE... that would be the non-savvy leave it alone crowd. But you have to download FF manually...

# 10 23-11-2011 , 06:07 PM
SM Tea Boy
Thanks ct I've tried a few workarounds for the Maya help and chrome but that has to be the easiest one.

user added image

# 11 26-11-2011 , 01:38 PM
SM Tea Boy
I get the odd complaint from ie 6 and 7 users every now and then. I send this back.

If this is what your browser looks like

user added image

You're doing it wrong!

# 12 26-11-2011 , 03:20 PM
Acid44
That's not even close to what my father used to have his looking like. His was like that, but 2 toolbars per row on most of them. Then he'd call me and ask why he can't see the pages properly >_<

Sidenote: Just noticed I seem to be having the arrow key problem again. Can only go one over, then wait a few seconds, then again, and so on

# 13 26-11-2011 , 03:26 PM
SM Tea Boy
Very annoying thanks for the heads up I'll fix it today.

Cheers.

# 14 26-11-2011 , 03:55 PM
that image is priceless! haha

# 15 26-11-2011 , 05:06 PM
Lone Wolf Productions

I get the odd complaint from ie 6 and 7 users every now and then. I send this back.

If this is what your browser looks like

user added image

You're doing it wrong!

although i'm using IE9 in this example the reason most browser look like that is because ppl just click "OK" and "CONTINUE" very fast when installing something without reading it. all these bars can easely be prevented
(i know this pic is a joke but nonetheless)
its also very easy to just turn the bars off or even just uninstall them.

now before i get flamed for any reason for using IE9 ^^ lol
i have multiple browsers installed for multiple purposes. just so you know ^^

but this is how my IE looks like. so i guess its really the end users fault.

left and center screen are IE9 right screen is just maya ^^ (to lazy to cut the screens apartuser added image)

Attached Thumbnails

There are no stupid questions, only stupid answers.

© All grammar errors are Copyrighted to me

Last edited by jouri; 26-11-2011 at 05:08 PM.