Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 14-01-2012 , 11:01 AM
Subscriber

skin textures from real people

how do i go about making a persons skin actually fit the mesh of the model i'm making?

# 2 14-01-2012 , 11:39 AM
The thin red line
Say if you are doing the head you would take your snap shot of your UVs into photoshop then with a front shot line up as best you can with UVs in one layer and in another layer line up a side shot, use the liquify filter to move parts of your photo about to match UVs then in another layer start using clone stamp to merge the to photos...hope that make sence..............dave

# 3 14-01-2012 , 02:10 PM
Lifetime Member
Or, if you use Zbrush or Mudbox, either one, you can align and project the real photograph of the person onto your model. Adding one more thing to what Dave already said, make sure you lay down your UVs the right way, e.g. the eyes, nose, mouth are not too far apart from each other on the UV flat map. Otherwise even if you use the liquify filter in Photoshop you can strecht too much and it gets blurry or you have the trouble to repaint those areas. Make sure, you also have a good poly distribution in your overall mesh, otherwise you might find some areas of your texture stretching. A lot of trouble can be avoided later on if you plan ahead. user added image

Something like this is good:

user added image

and this

user added image

Last edited by cgisoul; 14-01-2012 at 02:18 PM.
# 4 14-01-2012 , 08:58 PM
Subscriber

Something like this is good:

user added image

this is more or less what i'm trying to do I've got the photos i'm just trying to get them to look like this

# 5 14-01-2012 , 09:51 PM
Technical Director