Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 05-02-2012 , 03:54 PM
Subscriber

Mental Ray Not available

Been using Mray doing a bunch of tutorials, and opened up a set of project files and kep crashing they removed the paint effects models in architecturtal project and was able to open it but now when i goto setup mental ray it is not available even though i went to the plug in manager and ensured the mayotomir.dll was checked both loaded and autoloaded...So whi is it not available in rendersettings any more and how do I fix it....?

Thank you for help only been using maya for a few months

# 2 05-02-2012 , 05:23 PM
Noober than noob

Been using Mray doing a bunch of tutorials, and opened up a set of project files and kep crashing they removed the paint effects models in architecturtal project and was able to open it but now when i goto setup mental ray it is not available even though i went to the plug in manager and ensured the mayotomir.dll was checked both loaded and autoloaded...So whi is it not available in rendersettings any more and how do I fix it....?

Thank you for help only been using maya for a few months

Window>Settings/Preferences>Plug-in Manager > tick mayatomr.mll on both those boxes if you want it to auto load next time. Tick just for loaded to load it only in current scene.

# 3 05-02-2012 , 05:57 PM
Lifetime Member
Follow SilverFeather suggestion and restart Maya to see if is there again.