Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 91 23-03-2012 , 12:17 AM
Subscriber
altered the abdomen a bit more.

Attached Thumbnails
# 92 23-03-2012 , 04:30 AM

Mouth

Body looks really good

Last edited by Chavfister; 23-03-2012 at 04:33 AM.
# 93 24-03-2012 , 04:34 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Needs more form. It looks squashed and flat almost pinched.

J

# 94 27-03-2012 , 09:24 AM
Subscriber
texturing and such. Gonna start moving on to try hair again soon, oi...

Attached Thumbnails
# 95 07-04-2012 , 10:33 PM
Subscriber
Ok so here's what i got. I had to set up my UV's as shown so that I could get the detail coloring that is on the skin on the eyes and lips etc. however I am now getting bumps and extrusions on the mesh whenever I put on the displacement maps and smooth it out along those specific UV lines. If I put the eyes and lips back in the head the coloring becomes way to pixelated and wont paint on properly.

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by MamoruK; 07-04-2012 at 10:37 PM.
# 96 07-04-2012 , 10:57 PM
As Zbrushiac sounds stupid!
Like Jay said, this seems very flat. The pelvic bone has no depth here. If you look at some reference, the pelvic bone is a very strong feature in women, the hips as a whole are, especially in women this thin.

I think generally this is lacking in form (as Jay mentioned) in all aspects, not just the hips. The arm seem like slightly edited cylinders, they have no weight. Don't be afraid to fill in forms too much, you can always smooth it down. Get some ref and just start hacking in some character.

But, generally a good start.

Keep at it!

www.stevenegan-cgi.com

"Your weapons are no match for ours! People of Mars, surrender!"
"Um, this isn't Mars. This is Earth."
"Earth? Earth-with-nuclear-weapons Earth?"
"Yes."
[long pause] "Friend!!"

Last edited by Mayaniac; 08-04-2012 at 10:54 AM.
# 97 08-04-2012 , 09:32 AM
Subscriber
noted thx user added image

# 98 08-04-2012 , 10:00 AM
Good call Mayaniac....

Pity it takes more than one person to get the message across....

Jay

# 99 08-04-2012 , 09:38 PM
Subscriber
it depends on how detailed the comments are Jay.

# 100 08-04-2012 , 09:58 PM
Well true, but in hindsight it seems a majority of people here are actually saying 'as jay says...' look thru the thread dude.

As I said before its about observations and studying anatomy, Ive been doing it for ages nobody taught me or gave me instructions, Im still learning, Im not perfect...but I'm not one to spoon feed anyone so they get it right straight off the bat. I may sound harsh but am pointing you down the right road, its up to you how go about getting to the destination.

Jay

# 101 08-04-2012 , 10:10 PM
Subscriber
not asking to be spoon fed but there are many times where something I think looks right doesn't look right to someone else even if I'm referencing anatomy pics. And unfortunately unless my subject that I'm referencing is actually nude i have to guess at certain things that aren't shown. And just using general anatomy when trying to model a specific person doesn't necessarily work when everyone's anatomy is different.

sounding harsh doesn't effect me as long as it's productive. But broad comments don't help me at all since I'm not quite on the same level as most of people who are giving me comments are so I'm not noticing things they are.

I appreciate all the comments being given to me and will continue to try an improve from them.

# 102 09-04-2012 , 12:28 AM
The Nurb Herd
i'm no doctor, but isn't everyone's anatomy the same? user added image

...I think you may be taking the criticism quite badly, but if it helps i see a big "up" arrow pointing to the boobs. I see what you were going for, although i'd also get rid of that while you are adding in some more form.

# 103 09-04-2012 , 02:02 AM
EduSciVis-er
I was going to comment on general anatomy, but I don't want to belabor the point. Yes, there are subtle differences between proportion and definition, but everyone has all the same bones and the same muscle groups (barring some misfortune). There's a lot to learn from general anatomy and the slight differences between people can be tweaked after the shapes are there.

Keep it up Mamoruk, the human form is one of the hardest things to tackle. Don't let the crits get you down, but take them on board when you can.

# 104 09-04-2012 , 01:52 PM
Subscriber
Dom: yea i'll be phasing that out here pretty soon it's been annoying me since it showed up.

And yea i know that in general everyone's anatomy is the same but I was indeed trying to talk about the subtleties that stwert mentioned.

and i didn't think i was taking the crits badly, but I guess the choosing of my words might imply otherwise, hard to convey tone in text and whatnot user added image

# 105 09-04-2012 , 04:01 PM
yeah anatomy is the same but positioning is different between male and female. A female has what is known as a floating rib cage (on the last two ribs) to allow obviously for pregnancy, they dont have less ribs as is and has been led to believe, we all have 12 ribs.

Also the femur of a female skeleton is angled away moreat the head of the pelvis (16 degrees) as opposed to 12 degrees of the male skeleton, this is why a woman has that slight bump on the upper outer thigh, again all related to being design for birth. A male has a thicker skeleton generally because of the higher level of testosterone.....

any questions class

Jay