Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 09-05-2012 , 03:50 AM

Middle mouse OSX and Maya!

Hey all,

I have the logitech MX anywhere mouse and I love it. Only problem, the middle mouse button zooms way out when I try to use it like I normally would with command key to pan.

Anyone know how to fix this? I tried using that usb overdrive or whatever that program is, and it still didn't work.

Until then, I will have to use the pc to do the work. Crazy macs.

Sean

# 2 09-05-2012 , 03:54 AM
Technical Director
Are you scrolling with the mouse wheel? That's a no-no. Make sure in your interface preferences that Maya's set to use a three button mouse, not a one or two.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 3 09-05-2012 , 03:53 PM
Subscriber

mouse buttons config

You have 2 solutions:
Solution 1: Connect a Mac mouse / Open the System Preferences and click on Mouse (only when you connect a mighty mouse, for example) you can define the mouse buttons functions).
Solution 2: Install 3rd part driver like this: https://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/19058/steermouse

I hope it help you.

Best regards

# 4 13-05-2012 , 11:37 PM
Not scrolling with it. I'm trying to press it. When I press it (using the max osx) it zooms uncontrollably.

# 5 14-05-2012 , 03:02 AM
Technical Director

# 6 14-05-2012 , 06:02 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
ditch the mac and buy a pc, would be easier in the long run far less hassle with software issues and such...I learned my lesson on that years ago....

Jay

# 7 14-05-2012 , 06:51 AM
Technical Director

ditch the mac and buy a pc, would be easier in the long run far less hassle with software issues and such...I learned my lesson on that years ago....

Jay

Ahh, come on Jay, don't be like that. I've used Maya for over 7 years on the Mac, and I've never run into a problem.

# 8 14-05-2012 , 06:52 AM
Super Moderator

Jay

LOL Jay you're so bad user added image Don't you know dems fightin' words in some places.

- Genny
# 9 15-09-2012 , 02:46 PM
Where is that setting in Maya for the mouse button options?

# 10 15-09-2012 , 03:31 PM

You have 2 solutions:
Solution 1: Connect a Mac mouse / Open the System Preferences and click on Mouse (only when you connect a mighty mouse, for example) you can define the mouse buttons functions).
Solution 2: Install 3rd part driver like this: https://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/19058/steermouse

I hope it help you.

Best regards

or

Solution 3: Get a Windows or Linux PC. .... Sorry I just could not reset poking fun

doh I did not see Jay already beat me to the punch line darn!

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675