Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 13-06-2012 , 08:35 PM

melscript sine wave wiggle position?

Is there a mel command to create a wiggle effect, but in a sine wave fashion so it sort of oscillates up and down, basically creating a loopable effect

# 2 13-06-2012 , 09:26 PM
The thin red line
I dont know about a melscript but this would be easy to animate, all you need to do is create a CV curve in the shape you need like I created then do a extrude with a plane of your shape, then sellect the top and botton curve control point and scale them up and down..........dave

Attached Thumbnails

# 3 14-06-2012 , 12:41 AM
what are you trying to do? Create a shape? Animate something along the path? Does it need to be random?

Your question does not make it very clear what your intent is, which would be helpful.

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675
# 4 14-06-2012 , 09:05 AM
The Nurb Herd
i've not done any expressions or mel in a while, but i remember it being something like sin(something)

edit: googled it. Ball.translateY = sin(Ball.translateX);

# 5 14-06-2012 , 12:03 PM
EduSciVis-er
Like Dom said, use the sin function. It doesn't even have to be a script, just add an expression. If you want it to animate up and down, try yourObject.translateY = sin(time);

# 6 18-06-2012 , 09:36 AM

Like Dom said, use the sin function. It doesn't even have to be a script, just add an expression. If you want it to animate up and down, try yourObject.translateY = sin(time);

doh! I failed at basic maths...thanks guys

ravedave I need it to be an infinite loop, so best using an expression I think..I try to move away from manual whenever I can

# 7 18-06-2012 , 10:20 AM
The thin red line