Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 04-07-2012 , 12:45 AM
Super Moderator

Did QT Beak Some Mel UI Formatting?

Pre QT I know you could set the text on the iconTextButton control to have different font styles like bold, italics etc and even change the alignment. Now you get the same centered plain text and even though it's not crucial it really fuqs with the readability of my UI. I'm working on this mini material lister and I would really want the shader name to be a text button that I can double click and have it switch out for a name field then switch back once I change the name and hit enter (and I've gotten that functionality going but right now the shader name is just a simple text control rather than the iconTextButton) I want the button text to be in bold so it's not visually competing with the shader type info below it and would like them both to be left aligned and hug the swatch, ugh I'm ranting. The test window in the second image shows the result from the code I'm attaching. Am I missing something?

Code:
{
        window -tlb 1;

columnLayout -adj 1 -w 200 -h 300 -cal "left";

iconTextButton -al "left" 
        -l "pSphere1" 
        -fn "boldLabelFont"
        -st "iconAndTextCentered";

separator -hr 1 -st "in";

text -l "pSphere1" -fn "boldLabelFont";

showWindow;

}

Attached Thumbnails
Attached Images

- Genny
# 2 04-07-2012 , 02:33 AM
Technical Director
Sorry, but I'm using a Mac so I can't help you. You should stay away from iconAndTextCentered, as it's not cross-platform.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 3 04-07-2012 , 04:09 AM
Super Moderator
Yeah, I saw that in the docs that its a windows only thing but I was just so annoyed I figured I'd try that to see if it would work but nope! user added image

- Genny
# 4 04-07-2012 , 09:53 AM
I fiddled with it a bit last night on both 2012 and 2013 and could not get either -al or -fn to work at all.

What was the pre-QT release 2008 or 2009?

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675
# 5 04-07-2012 , 12:27 PM
EduSciVis-er
I think it was actually 2010...

# 6 04-07-2012 , 03:43 PM
Super Moderator
Thanks guys, I'm about to throw my hands up and just go with the iconTextButton and its plain text *sigh. If another solution comes along then fine but it doesn't look too bad, its the main reason disabled the shader type info so the shader name could shine a bit more and it appears to hug the left side as long as I don't set a specific size for the button and just let it auto size to the text.

Attached Thumbnails

- Genny