Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 10-09-2012 , 12:30 AM
Subscriber

need to broaden my maya horizons

i live in a VERY rural area of WV and have found myself pretty much consumed with maya. i can't get enough of it! i mean, i really can't because no one around here has even heard of it. so i find myself doing as many tuts and projects as i can but when i hit stumbling blocks, i have to wait until i go to the local library where i can get on the internet (they don't have it in the holler... haha) and try and find the solution. my question is, where can i find a school or something in WV that offers classes on maya or CG in general? has anyone else found themselves alone out there or is it just my geographical demise? Oh yeah, my batch render monitor has been crashing every time i use it. now it seems that it's making maya crash as well. once again... i'm stuck!

Last edited by sampson01; 10-09-2012 at 12:33 AM.
# 2 10-09-2012 , 12:53 AM
Look at the error log from the batch monitor. I do not like to guess but it's probably memory related. You may need to increase or decrease the amount of memory allocated to the render cache.

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675