Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 19-09-2012 , 01:23 PM
Subscriber

TurboSquid Challenge - Dusty Khan

Here is my page!

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 19-09-2012 , 02:19 PM
Super Moderator
You got a lot of cool stuff =.=

- Genny
# 3 19-09-2012 , 09:40 PM
Subscriber
Yeh, not a bad mix at all.
All the files are now downloaded, now time to check them all!

# 4 21-09-2012 , 07:57 PM
Subscriber
// Error: file: /usr/autodesk/maya/scripts/startup/setFilterScript.mel line 59: No object matches name: set1
I keep getting this error when importing objects and when I centre pivot etc... Does anybdy know whats causing it?

# 5 21-09-2012 , 08:25 PM
The thin red line
Could be a shader problem with the setFilterScript error, try changing the import to the default lambert, you might have to delete your pref folder to get the import plugin to work correctly..............dave

# 6 24-09-2012 , 09:16 PM
Subscriber
Cheers Dave, I deleted my Pref folder and all seemed to import fine, no errors! Once deleted the Prefs is there a way of easily recreating the custom shelfs, as I had to go through and recreate all of them again...?

Right, so these are the main 32 objects that I am going to use. A couple of the filles are compleatly missing parts of objects and totaly unsalvageable, the others I don't think will suit my scene.

My initial idea before I saw my page was to do an underwater scene of a load of sunken items rusting, rotting etc.. Not sure weather to do a room in a sunken boat maybe...

Or second idea is a room in a house that depicts the scene after a masive row thats led to a divorce, kids toys everywhere, tables overturned...

So what are your guys thoughs based on my ideas and objects?

EDIT: Also much of a scene/room are we allowed to make for all our wonderful objects?

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by dustykhan; 24-09-2012 at 09:24 PM.
# 7 24-09-2012 , 09:47 PM
EduSciVis-er
Instead of deleting the prefs, just delete userprefs.mel and your custom shelves will be retained.

# 8 02-10-2012 , 09:49 PM
Subscriber
Cheers stwert that will save me some time in the future!

Unfortunately no scene update but it is because I cant see any of my render settings, even when i close and reopen maya. I have tried the fix on this site (https://www.fuse-design.org/blog/tuto...ettings-window) and It doesnt seem to work. Any Ideas..?

Attached Thumbnails
# 9 02-10-2012 , 10:44 PM
The Nurb Herd
The sunken junk sounds cool. user added image

Can't help with the mr problem, other than saying unload it and reload it again.

# 10 03-10-2012 , 07:58 AM
Subscriber
I have started to play it safe and go with the standard interior render... I think the underwater lighting would have been more of a challenge that I am not sure I would be able to pull off as well, but might do some tests later this evening...

The problem is that it isn't just mental ray, it is also blank on maya software :S I am not sure what else to try...

# 11 15-10-2012 , 09:13 PM
Subscriber
After all the computer problems I had, having to renstall my entire system, I went with the interior idea rather then the rusty sunken rubbish, as I thought it might be easyier to compleate in the time remaining.

Here is a quick screen grab of me trying to figure out how best to dress my room...

Attached Thumbnails
# 12 21-10-2012 , 07:26 PM
Subscriber
Small Texture update. Not sure on position of items in room, but im all on time to get the image finished in time user added image Any tips on how to produce light rays through the window...?

Attached Thumbnails
# 13 21-10-2012 , 09:15 PM
The thin red line

# 14 27-10-2012 , 08:53 PM
Subscriber
Thanks for the link Daverave. Very helpful.

I might post one more WIP tomorrow evening to get some final feed back before submitting my final image!

Good Luck everybody user added image

# 15 31-10-2012 , 02:37 PM
Subscriber
I didn't quite get this to how I envisioned it, but I shouldn't have wasted so much of my time playing around with the cloth sim and trying to get the light rays working. For some reason following the tutorial posted above didn't seem to work and it just outputed a black render (excuses excuses).

So here is my fianal scene and Images.
The people are still moving into the house, thats why it is so empty user added image

I know I cant change the image now, but any c&c would be great!

Attached Thumbnails