Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 28-10-2015 , 05:12 PM

3 point circle

Hi guys

Sorry for asking a really basic question... Does anyone know how I can create a circle in Maya from three points that would sit on it's circumference? I've measured three points around the base of a column, and three points round the top, and I need to generate two circles from these and then loft between the two. Any help would be very gratefully received.

Many thanks

Ixtlan 7

# 2 28-10-2015 , 07:19 PM
Super Moderator
Maybe try the 3 point circular arc under the create menu and since the tool won't work if you place overlapping points (get the first and last points as close as possible though), then you could use Curves>Open/close curve to close the gap. Use the "preserve" option to keep the curve's shape when closing it.

- Genny
# 3 28-10-2015 , 07:29 PM
The thin red line
Is the culumn poligons, if so you could convert the edge to a curve............dave