Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 06-02-2013 , 11:22 AM

how to make a wheat field?

Hi,
I am working on a personal project in which i want to make a wheat ground and a camera is moving under the wheat grass.
The problem is i can't figure out what technique to use for making wheat field-grass and that which can be easy animated

My camera position is same as in the image below and is moving forward in grass.

here is some refs what i am after

Thanks

Attached Images
# 2 06-02-2013 , 04:38 PM
The thin red line
What are you going to use to render, if maya I would look into adjusting paint fx grass to look like your wheat then you could animate it with maya hair...............dave

Edit:Got that wrong you dont need the hair bit was thinking of fur

Last edited by daverave; 06-02-2013 at 05:25 PM.
# 3 10-02-2013 , 08:19 PM
Hi dave.

This is what i have done so far.

I have create the crop grass of paintfx in maya and convert it to polygon and scatter it with polyscatter script on creative crash user added imageand edit paint script tool of maya.

but now i want to make my grass into mentalray proxy using geometry node of mip_binaryproxy but this node is not visible in the hyper shade mental ray geometry nodes.(using maya 2011,2013 )

second, there any way to animate grass with using hair curve with paintfx or softbody?
i donn know how to do this.

Thanks
-dushyant

# 4 11-02-2013 , 02:18 AM
you have to type in a command and restart maya in order to enable mip shaders.

optionVar -iv “MIP_SHD_EXPOSE” 1;

# 5 11-02-2013 , 04:50 AM
hi

I am writing this is Mel and showing this error

optionVar -iv “MIP_SHD_EXPOSE” 1;
// Error: optionVar -iv “MIP_SHD_EXPOSE” 1; //
// Error: Line 1.15: Syntax error //