Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 13-06-2013 , 04:09 PM
Subscriber

Maya Duplicate UVs. Combine? Layer?

So I'm working on a scope model, an Eotech, and am unwrapping and sewing edges together.
I see this here

https://i41.tinypic.com/1gohoi.png

Two pieces, identical. What can I do to combine or layer or merge them together so when texture time comes I don't have to put in double the work? You know? Like The left side will be textured the same as the left and I only have one UV to texture to accomplish this. Is this possible and if so how?

I have many other identical pieces from the unwrap so this would be helpful trick to know I think.

Thank you

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin
# 2 18-07-2013 , 05:06 PM
Subscriber
More progress. Combined a few pieces though, this
user added image

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin
# 3 18-07-2013 , 10:22 PM
Events Team at Wargaming.net
I always map inside of the 4 grids, then resize the whole thing to fit in one. Once you get it into 0,1 you can refresh the texture, that might fix your problem. I am not at a PC that has Maya right now, but it is an option in the UV Texture Editor. Also, if your model is the same on both sides, you can cut it in half, duplicate and transfer attributes.