Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 18-10-2013 , 08:58 PM

Rotation Values ruined after save & opening

Hello all,

I just started last week with Autodesk Maya LT 2014 and I am currently fighting an annoying problem:
Every time I save my Scene and open it later again somehow my Rotation Values get converted.
Example:
user added image
All I did here was: new scene -> add cube -> rotate 45° -> save -> close Maya -> start Maya -> Open File.
And suddenly my 45° get turned into 0.785 ??

Anyone knows what this is about?
Grateful for every tip user added image

Kind regards,
diiiP

# 2 18-10-2013 , 10:39 PM
It appears degrees are being converted to radians. There are pi radians / 180 degrees so multiplying by 45 degrees you are left with .785 radians.

I am not on a machine that I can open Maya on atm so I cannot say how you got it displaying rotations in radians but that seems to be what is going on.

From the command line you could try : currentUnit -query -angle to see what is returned as the cirrent default angular units. You can use this same command to change the angular units to deg. Although I am not sure how you are getting the units to be changed in the first place.

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675

Last edited by ctbram; 19-10-2013 at 08:23 AM.