Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 13-10-2013 , 08:00 PM

Survey for Bachelor work - Please help

Hello everyone.

I'm working on my Bachelor thesis and would kindly ask you to help me out with a lil survey.
My Bachelor Thesis is about the profitability of Muscle Simulation in 3D Animation.
You just need to answere this shortly and i would thank you a lot! I really appreciate every single help! It would mean a lot to me.

How much time (hours) do you need to model a human body a) just the body, without the head b) the whole body with the head ?
How much time do you need to Rig this body and skin it?

If you ever used Muscle simulation :
How long did you need to set up a muscle system for this body?

If you worked with blendshape for a better result: How long did you work on those until everything worked?

# 2 14-10-2013 , 02:37 AM
I think quite a bit of this will come down to using a base mesh or not. Are you talking about high resolution sculpting? As for the rigging side of things I can rig and skin the body in about 45 minutes for a standard biped. Are you taking into account facial rigging as well? What about twist joints for animation? Muscles are another hour. The corrective poses come in at about 2 more hours due to tweaking. I push back and forth between ZBrush for the blendshapes given the toolset is better.

# 3 15-10-2013 , 12:49 AM
The Nurb Herd
if you are looking for a quote, i'd suggest two days for modeling. 2 days for rigging with muscles and a day for sim and cleanup.

# 4 09-11-2013 , 05:02 AM
# 5 09-11-2013 , 07:32 PM
Someone that likes Maya but suffers to master it :p

if you are looking for a quote, i'd suggest two days for modeling. 2 days for rigging with muscles and a day for sim and cleanup.

yeah, I think this is a very near value, if you are fast enough and skilled, and have full time for that project,then the periods you suggested are a good approximation user added image