Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 16-11-2013 , 12:42 AM
Lifetime Member

How to change the label on this Beer Mug.

So, this is a bought model. I am trying to change the label from the current one (shown in pic), to a Bud light Logo. This is not a NURBS model...this seems to be important, since it tells me that when I try to put the Bud logo on and move it around via the 2d texture "Interactive Placement" I get some sort of error there.

The guy who did this seemed to use a shadow layer, then two other shadow masks all with the same image. If someone could tell me how to change this label it would really help me out. Thank Youuser added image

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 17-11-2013 , 11:21 AM
Find the image that was used for this label and change it in photoshop, its that simple user added image
If you don't know where to find the image file you can go to the Hypershade, find the material that was used, right click - graph network and find the image file used for this material

20 year old guy from Sweden

Big Bob Marley fan
Love skateboarding
Maya, Mudbox and Photoshop user

Full name: Marcus Ralman

https://www.facebook.com/MarcusRalman3D

^ My facebook page ^
# 3 17-11-2013 , 06:46 PM
Lifetime Member

cool, thanks.

Find the image that was used for this label and change it in photoshop, its that simple user added image
If you don't know where to find the image file you can go to the Hypershade, find the material that was used, right click - graph network and find the image file used for this material

Yeah, That's the same advice I have received from other forums, thanks for helping outuser added image

# 4 18-11-2013 , 12:49 AM
Lifetime Member

Here are pics of the Photoshop Images I am trying to work with

Yeah, That's the same advice I have received from other forums, thanks for helping outuser added image

Ok, So I am trying to replace one beer background in Photoshop (Beer 1 pic), with another beer logo (Bud Light pic). Then transfer the image onto the beer mug in Maya.

Anyone know how to do this, I am sort of a newbie with PS.

Attached Thumbnails
Attached Images
# 5 18-11-2013 , 12:55 AM
Lifetime Member
Size up your new image so that it just covers the old image. (That way it will be in the correct place when you load it in Maya). Save it as a jpeg or whatever the original file was.

Then you'll need to go to the image file node in Maya and hit the reload button to refresh the image in maya. (If you change the name of the file you'll need to browse and find it instead.)

Cheers, the Yeti.
# 6 18-11-2013 , 10:13 PM
Lifetime Member

ThanK You

Size up your new image so that it just covers the old image. (That way it will be in the correct place when you load it in Maya). Save it as a jpeg or whatever the original file was.

Then you'll need to go to the image file node in Maya and hit the reload button to refresh the image in maya. (If you change the name of the file you'll need to browse and find it instead.)

Sounds easy, Thanks very much for your helpuser added image