Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 21-11-2013 , 02:15 PM

motion path

I have locators (with aim) in my scene. I have attached my locators to a curve (attach to motion path ) When I move the locators, I get this:

// Warning: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2013/scripts/startup/setNamedPanelLayout.mel line 151: Cycle on 'addDoubleLinear187.output' may not evaluate as expected. (Use 'cycleCheck -e off' to disable this warning.) //

What exactly is cycle check and why is this an error?

If someone could explain this, I would greatly appreciate it.

Last edited by henno; 21-11-2013 at 02:18 PM.
# 2 22-11-2013 , 12:26 AM
EduSciVis-er
I've seen better explanations that what I can give, but I'll do my best.
It's not uncommon for Maya to use data from a previous frame to calculate information for the current or next frame. When you scrub around in the timeline, this flow of information gets disrupted and you might get weird results. This happens especially with simulations. Maya needs to evaluate each and every frame in order. It's not an error, it's just a warning.

# 3 25-11-2013 , 10:18 AM
Thanks Stwert I'll ignore it