Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 29-12-2013 , 12:41 AM
Subscriber

Tweetytunes - Doom Challenge - Dr Elizabeth McNeil

OK I`m in - as always hehe

Going to remake Dr Elizabeth McNeil. She was cut from Doom 3 last min but was brought back for the expatiation pack and is by far the worst looking model in the whole game. Just look at her. They did not even update her for the HD re-release last year. If I have time I also want to do one of the bots from the game.

user added image

Got some ref and started on the head but start to fatten her up alittle to base it more on the look in the game, so will not be a perfect match to my ref.

user added image

Still very ruff

# 2 29-12-2013 , 01:49 AM
Lifetime Member
Good job Tweety....jeez you are bloody quick!! Will have to extract digit to get the Hellknight done LOL. I LOVED those little bots man, they were uber cool!!

Cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 3 07-01-2014 , 01:42 AM
Subscriber
Did the eyes and ear ages ago now, but got the glasses and some of the dress panels done - going for a redesign of the dress as it sucks in its current state. Not too worried about the shape of the back of her head as it will be covered with hair.

user added image

# 4 07-01-2014 , 03:42 AM
Lifetime Member
Looking good mate....havent touched the Knight for a couple of days. Too busy and damn hot at work

Attached Thumbnails

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 5 07-01-2014 , 05:48 PM
Subscriber
Well you`ll have to get a move on hehehehe - done the dress and re did the glasses - powering on with the legs as well - time waits for no man as they say.

user added image

user added image

# 6 07-01-2014 , 07:11 PM
Subscriber
Ok got her all blocked out - adding alot more details now and trying to find some good ref for the back of her. Gave her some heals as she looks the type but again a little ruff for now - did make some earrings that are in the shape of the logo for the company.

user added image

user added image

# 7 08-01-2014 , 11:32 PM
Subscriber
Worked the detail of the rear of the dress and back parts.

user added image

# 8 09-01-2014 , 01:05 AM
Subscriber
Got a bit bored from the model - so played with my Glasses and some shaders/textures - quite happy with the result but ready to do some more modelling now. They are based of some my mum got years ago and are currently broke, but there is something about the shape I like.

user added image

user added image

Last edited by tweetytunes; 09-01-2014 at 01:16 AM.
# 9 09-01-2014 , 11:39 PM
Subscriber

# 10 10-01-2014 , 02:08 AM
Lifetime Member
Nice little render mate, you must be bored LOL, you do know textures arent needed...

cheers bullet

bullet1968

# 11 10-01-2014 , 01:04 PM
Subscriber
Cheers dude

Rules

This one is going to be a Doom inspired challenge. You'll be modeling and texturing character or creature from ID software's Doom games. It does not have to be an exact copy but your work should be heavily influenced by the style of the Doom franchise.

You may model an environment but it's not necessary.

You'll need to show your WIP shots throughout out the challenge time period just turning up and posting a final image will not be admissible.

This challenge will run till the end of February so you've no excuses not to be able to join.

Someone forgot to tell dave then hehehehe. Anyway it just shaders on the glasses. I was setting up some lights for test renders and went down a path and liked where it went.
Kept me happy for a few hours.

Last edited by tweetytunes; 10-01-2014 at 01:11 PM.
# 12 10-01-2014 , 01:24 PM
Lifetime Member
So he did bahahahaha

cheers bullet

bullet1968

# 13 11-01-2014 , 12:03 AM
Subscriber
Ok start the hair today and I am not doing the same style that she has in the ref - we all know its like that because of the age of the game. Keeping it ginger though - its only this colour so I can see it against the head at the mo.

Using the same method I did on my Ada Wong model (another I need to go back and fin).

user added image

# 14 12-01-2014 , 11:46 PM
Subscriber
Ok been playing with the hair and happy with the colour and texture of it - but still needs alot of tweaking - mostly curve work (shaping and need much more at rear) and playing with the settings to get the right look for the ends of the hair. Left it at these tonight, back at it when more awake. Each render under a min so happy with that. First image is the steps getting to where I am now (second image)

user added image

user added image

(Left click and view image for full rez - the site has shrunk these quit a bit this time round)

****edit****

Hahahahaa silly me. Just figured out what was wrong with some of my end looking blocky - its because i built the curves the wrong way round and therefor the tips are really the roots. Well at least I know for the morning hahahahaha

Last edited by tweetytunes; 13-01-2014 at 01:03 AM.
# 15 13-01-2014 , 11:52 PM
Subscriber
Well got the left side done today - after sorting the curves to make sure they were going the right way it was just a case of re shaping and adding more. Very happy with it right now - just need to do the right side and maybe get some of the hairs to go over the ear.

Oh and the yellow hoop on the pigtails is temp, not built it the final yet.

user added image

user added image

Last edited by tweetytunes; 14-01-2014 at 12:07 AM.