Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 15-03-2014 , 05:18 PM

Move grid OR offset an entire complex animation?

Hi,

I have a complex animation where many things are constrained to each other, following each other's movement etc. And I need to offset the entire rig, all objects on the Y axis by 150cm, but without changing the animation itself.

I cannot just simply select objects and move them up as due to interdependency, things are moved differently.
So one object would be "left behind" while others would be moved at double speed.
Complete mess.

There are also animation layers, just to make the story more complex.

I need to offset because I am trying to animate dress with marvellous designer - but unfortunately Marvelous designer has a bug and offset the entire animated character by about 150 cm, and it has no option to move the character itself

1) My idea was to cheat and somehow move the grid / entire Maya World itself - that would also do the trick, I think. Is that possible?
2) Or how would you move a complete, interdependent rig AND avoid the double transform that I mentioned.

Cheers!