Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 23-06-2014 , 07:20 AM

A question about the view and another about animations

Question 1: When I press "space bar" the screen divides into 4, it's cool but I have a small monitor and can't really use the tiny quadrants for effective work, I was wondering: is there was a similar command that would divide the workspace into 2 screens? And if so how?

Question 2: if I made a skeleton and saved it, and then rigged it to a model, and made some animations for it, could I then reload that skeleton and apply it to a different character model but transfer the animations over to it? And if so how?

# 2 23-06-2014 , 04:00 PM
EduSciVis-er
For question 1, yes it's a simple matter of setting a different panel layout (from the tool bar on the lower left side of the screen) or from the viewport menu "Panels". Then spacebar will toggle the most recent panel layout and full view of one of the panels. You can also create custom layouts and save them.

For question 2, yes that is possible I believe, but it's a bit more complex and I don't know the details. You should be able to do some google searching and get a lot of information about transferring rigs and animation to new models.

# 3 23-06-2014 , 11:15 PM
Ok, thanks!

One more question, is there a way to make a shelf that sets the command to IK handle and specifically either RP or SC, instead of how it was last set?