Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 23-04-2015 , 02:58 PM

Making sharp edge

I have a slight problem. I have been modeling for about year and much more complex things so i don't know why i can't get my head around this. Makes me think maybe modeling is not for me. I didn't think i'd be this sucky. I am modeling this phone https://img04.taobaocdn.com/bao/uploa...1LX_084740.jpg

I am making the base but i can't seem to be able to sharpen the edge marked yellow in the screenshot. When i add edgeloops it makes a bump on the sides of the cylinder wich i don't want to. Crease doesnt work either. Give me some hints. I want to get over this stupid problem.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 23-04-2015 , 04:43 PM
The thin red line
You will have to manually play with the verts at the at edge to not get little distortion but this should work................dave

Attached Thumbnails

# 3 23-04-2015 , 06:01 PM
Argh. Thank you. It worked. The solution was so simple in the end. How on earth i didn't realize it. I think i need to bang my head against the wall for a bit... user added image