Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 02-06-2015 , 11:54 AM

Maya Sun and Sky Batch Render Tiff Issue

Hi all,

Using maya sun and sky in my scene. In the render preview in maya it all renders out lovely. Batch render with TIFF and the sky disappears - some googling suggests this is to do with it being considered in the alpha or something. No idea how to fix it, tried playing around with alpha settings in render settings and no luck. Any help would be appreciated. Ps. When rendering in Jpeg the sun appears but loses quality a bit.

# 2 02-06-2015 , 05:49 PM
EduSciVis-er
The background color/environment for a render will be transparent, the only reason that it shows up in a jpeg is that jpegs don't support transparency. The alpha of a render determines what is transparent and what is not. I don't know off the top of my head how to keep the PSS sky in a tiff render.