Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 21-11-2015 , 11:32 PM

How much time (and money) is needed to replicate this building?

I am planning to hire an expert, to build a 3D model of the attached building. Since I have a restricted budget (nobody is paying me for this, it is a hobby and sense of duty to my adoptive country) I will start with the outside shell only.

https://patriot.net/~ramon/jfk/TSBD-Physical-Model.jpg

The plan is to start with a "rough draft" which will be progressively refined until it reaches the best possible quality (and the accuracy is very important).

How many hours of work would it take to achieve something reasonably accurate?

What is a typical hourly rate for a Maya expert?

TIA

# 2 21-11-2015 , 11:38 PM
This is a photograph of the real building:

Attached Thumbnails
# 3 22-11-2015 , 02:13 PM

I am planning to hire an expert, to build a 3D model of the attached building. Since I have a restricted budget (nobody is paying me for this, it is a hobby and sense of duty to my adoptive country) I will start with the outside shell only.

https://patriot.net/~ramon/jfk/TSBD-Physical-Model.jpg

The plan is to start with a "rough draft" which will be progressively refined until it reaches the best possible quality (and the accuracy is very important).

How many hours of work would it take to achieve something reasonably accurate?

What is a typical hourly rate for a Maya expert?

TIA

Not sure on the "expert" definition but a decent modeler should be able to simply poly the building in a few hours. The lighting and uv is what takes up most of the time. I can see three to five hours to get a decent finished product. Really all depends on the details in the windows and doors, if you want them just textured or modeled. All in all it's a fairly easy project.