Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 12-06-2016 , 04:46 AM

IK Arm Rigging Issue

Hellooo!

I've encountered a very frustrating issue to do with rigging my arms using IK handles.

I successfully rigged the right arm, everything moves fine, and I can rotate the wrist and yay!

user added image

user added image

When I attempt to rig the left arm, the movement is completely different and the rotation is all locked up. I'm not sure how to describe what is happening, but the wrist won't rotate properly at all.

user added image
user added image

I've tried deleting the right arm rig (the one that works fine) and redoing it, and it won't work either. Same issues again. I also reset Maya, and I made sure it's a rotate-plane IK. And I've tried creating in a new file a basic arm and it won't work.

I feel like I've forgotten a step here or something has gone wrong. :S I'm assuming it's something to do with my local rotation axis but I'm not sure what user added image

And this is what it looks like in the outliner.
user added image