Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 19-04-2003 , 07:29 PM

creating a head from NURBS curves

I would like to know any trick to prepare the curves needed to match the model of a head.

I´ve been taking as reference the six patches method of Andrew Camenisch, that provide less distortion over seams.

I normaly use polygons as starting point, but this technic with NURBS attracts my attention a lot, and could be good for certain head models.

# 2 19-04-2003 , 08:59 PM
Subscriber
https://www.boris3d.de/tutorials.html

Look for the tutorials on nurbs patch models. Specifically, the ones for faces. I knew a lot about patch modeling, but I learned a lot really quick when I read through a few of these tutorials. There is one tut about patch modeling a dino face. If you read through it, you will find that the basic outline of each patch was drawn before the other curves were added. This is very useful I think because you get the basic shape of the head before you begin adding intricate detail. Don't create all the curves at once. Create a few (the outlines of each patch), model a little, add a few more curves, model a bit more, then add the rest. Then you can perform the final loft.

# 3 19-04-2003 , 09:07 PM
Watch the VIP Nurbs Shark Tutorial, that should give you some pointers.
Also, if you can get to view it, Gnomon Workshop´s Organic Modelling video can help you a lot too.

Last edited by adldesigner; 19-04-2003 at 11:55 PM.
# 4 20-04-2003 , 04:21 PM
I´ll take a look to these tutorials.

Thanks