Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 22-04-2003 , 06:29 PM
Subscriber

Alpha Channels

Hello all,

I made a simple 3d text only animation in maya and the background is black, and render in the globals w/ rgb and alpha channels checked and to production quality and antialiasing.

My objective is to add the final render 3d animated text on top of a existing movie in premiere and basically shows the text without the black background.

Now i tried using different filters of transparency on premiere...and the text shows up very jagged on the edge.

Can you guys teach me how can i go about doing without having the jagged edges on the text? Either Adobe Premiere or After Effects...i hope you guys can help me..

Thank you

# 2 22-04-2003 , 07:42 PM
Hello Strykernet

Is the image rendered in Layers? If so you can simply delete the background, and use the alpha layer for the text´s transparency.

Hope this helps,

By the way, RageCGI made an excellent video tutorial available for free that should help you with your query.
Download it here
Intro To Compositing For Vfx

# 3 22-04-2003 , 07:47 PM
The Maya Mountain
also make sure you've increased your Anti-Aliasing to production quality.

# 4 22-04-2003 , 09:36 PM
Subscriber

In maya is there a place i can render in layers? basically the 3d text there is no background at all... and i did have the production quality anti aliasing..... =(

# 5 22-04-2003 , 10:08 PM

Render Globals

You can Render in Layers by going into your Render Globals.

# 6 22-04-2003 , 10:14 PM
Subscriber

It works!!

ADL and MTM i want to thank you all for your help =)

as soon as i have available funds i need to purchase more pts....

# 7 22-04-2003 , 10:21 PM
Cool! Thanks guys!

strykernet:
When you get some pts, if you are interested in learning more about the Render Layer/Pass Control and/or compositing in general, be sure to check out our compositing tuts!

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 8 22-04-2003 , 10:35 PM
Subscriber
wow adl, you really have a nice template, dont tell me you are on a mac, btw, if you r on a pc, can you tell me where you got that from??!!! plz!!

# 9 23-04-2003 , 08:42 PM
Subscriber

Hi guys

Back again...just a little problem, the thing is that i exported a total of 400 frames and when i import to premiere, the transparency background of alpha channels only lets me change one frame at a time...is there a way i can change all at once? =( How do you all do it? =(

Thank you again...