Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 08-05-2003 , 09:15 PM

pb with maya5 and paint effect

Hi ,

I just installed it and played with it a while and I already have the folloiwng problem:

paint effect is supposed to be compatible with mentalray in maya5.I just tried with a nurbs sphere with the thin line brush preset and it does not show at render.Argh!!!!

can someone help ?

thanks in advance

urunkhan@noos.fr

# 2 08-05-2003 , 10:13 PM
have you tried other brushes? on other surfaces? try that. If that doesnt work convert the paint effects to polys and then try rendering it

Hope that helps

Alan

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 3 09-05-2003 , 01:33 AM
I think what they meant was when you converted them to poly's, they would render in mental ray.

---
https://www.bigfatonline.com
# 4 09-05-2003 , 05:25 AM
Subscriber
Yeah, I thnk bigfat is right... you still can't render Paint FX with MR unless they are converted into Poly's

-Emo