Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 23-06-2003 , 05:45 PM
Subscriber

Need Help

Hello everyone!

Summer is here and its time to take advantage of all the free time I have! (Well except for the time that is chewed up by that pesky thing I call a job) user added image

So a few friends of mine and I are starting a project. We're trying to make a 30-40 second trailer that has music and voice overlayed with it.

The big problem is that one of the characters in the trailer we're making is supposed to be English. Since everyone I know couldn't pull off the accent to save their hides I was wondering if there was anyone on the board who wouldn't mind doing the voice for us? Its only a few lines.

Thanks for your time guys.

~GateKeeper
Not really certified not really new!
# 2 23-06-2003 , 06:09 PM
unless you want new york accent im out. user added image

# 3 23-06-2003 , 06:12 PM
Subscriber
what is so important about that project that it must be "good" english? it depends what is the audience. accent is nothing you should hide - it is something that makes you special. my fiancée loves my accent.

and accent is relative - many americans consider the typical british english a very strong accent. (no offence to the uk ppl here intended)

# 4 23-06-2003 , 06:21 PM
My dad was stationed in england when he was in the airforce. For a while he had an english accent becaue he was there for several years. somehow he slips back into it after hes had a few pints, its funnyuser added image.

I don tthink i have any accent.. but ive been told i have one... *shrugs* new york i guess. Maybe new england accent.

# 5 23-06-2003 , 07:21 PM
I'll do it. I have an 'american' accent. If you want a british accent, then I can't.

MSN: cyborg_corporation@hotmail.com
AIM: RavagingOrc
# 6 23-06-2003 , 07:30 PM
Sorry only Scottish here user added image

Black_Robe

''Where do we go now?Where do we go now?...''
# 7 23-06-2003 , 11:01 PM
Subscriber
Baby Duck- Its more for accuracy purposes than anything else. The character is British (sorry I wasn't too clear on the type of English). Everyone we've pulled together has an American accent and having the voice with the British accent would only add to the project.

You are right an accent is what makes people special and unique. Its part of the fun of meeting people from around the world is hearing how they speak.

We're looking for someone with a British accent. If we can't find a person then we wouldn't mind anyone doing it.

~GateKeeper
Not really certified not really new!