Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 31 02-07-2003 , 09:08 PM
I have been thinking long and hard on this, but I would like you alls opinion too. I like the spikes on the helmet, but I was thinking one of those feather deals(i dont know what it is called) that runs over the top like a mohawk would be better. What do yall think?????

It's Dr. Know, Not Darknow
# 32 02-07-2003 , 09:18 PM
Subscriber
Hi,

the helmet looks good... but it doesn't look like a Toilet Bowl helmet... user added image

btw. I'm not sure but maybe soften the edges might help with the bottom of the helmet...
Edit polygons... --> Normals... --> Soften/Harden

otherwise I can only think at smoothing it at the moment... if soften doesn't help...

regards

Strarup

------------------------------------------------
Alex V. U. Strarup

One mistake can ruin it all...
# 33 02-07-2003 , 09:28 PM
Thanks Strarup. I forgot all about the toilet bowl helmet. I think I may convert to that at the end. user added image

# 34 02-07-2003 , 09:35 PM
Subscriber
Hey man, one idea about the helmet.. at the bottom edges your not goin to get it rounded unless it curves back inwards.. so extrude the faces, bring them down a bit, and a bit inwards, extrude again and bring inwards, then extrude again and bring upwards and inwards again.. it should give you a curve like this.

\_/ and will look really nice when smoothed!

The model is coming along quite nicely user added image. You may want to attempt poly cube modelling at one point of time, it works really well user added image. Keep it up and i will be watching!

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 35 02-07-2003 , 09:40 PM
Hmmmmm.............I am not sure if I know what you mean. What faces did you want me to extrude??? If you would, please clarify that for my inferior mind..user added imageuser added imageuser added imageuser added imageuser added image

# 36 02-07-2003 , 10:47 PM
"Does anybody know where to find a picture of a bald monkey. "

well too bad george W aint bald.. but you've always got bruce willis user added image
did you guys see that movie from some microsoft convention thingy? where this high executive jumps around screaming his head of?
try doing a search for 'dancemonkeyboy.mpg' on kazza.... might be inspiering user added image

by the way he could have toiletpaper rolls on the spikes for easy reload user added image

sleep is for lam3rs
# 37 02-07-2003 , 11:11 PM
Yea, I will search for that. Are you american??? I sure hope not. Only a complete fool would make fun of their country's leader. George is a good man for standing up for this country.

EDIT: By your location is says you are from switzerland, so I assume you are not american.

Last edited by drknow; 02-07-2003 at 11:31 PM.
# 38 02-07-2003 , 11:20 PM
Subscriber

------------------------------------------------
Alex V. U. Strarup

One mistake can ruin it all...
# 39 02-07-2003 , 11:24 PM
Well, I still do not know how he wants them bent. Does he want them thicker??? And yes, that is what I am talking about. Do you think that looks better. I think I am changing to a toilet bowl anyways.

# 40 02-07-2003 , 11:28 PM
Are you going for cute, or evil? Currently I think it hits the evil mark dead on. If you going for cute though I think a potty would work wonders.

# 41 02-07-2003 , 11:29 PM
Hmmmm...........I am thinking maybe evil in a cute, demented way.

# 42 02-07-2003 , 11:57 PM

Ears

I just put some ears on him. They are far from done. I have never made ears before. I also fixed that lip problem. What do you think??? I will have more views later. I am going out to do yardwork right now though......

Attached Images
# 43 03-07-2003 , 12:09 AM
Subscriber

# 44 03-07-2003 , 01:14 AM
Thanks Witchy. That armor looks great. I love that sword in poster2.jpg. I didnt even think of planet of the apes. Cool.

# 45 03-07-2003 , 01:58 AM
Subscriber
Erg, lol.. i guess im not getting my point across.. well if your going to stillwork on that helmet.. then this is what i meant.

Attached Thumbnails

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com