Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 16 20-07-2003 , 10:58 PM
well it was one hell of a curry the nite before that's all I can say!! user added image

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 17 25-07-2003 , 01:01 AM
I like it, becuase it gives me a feeling that the bathroom is abandond, and i think thats the look your going for.

# 18 25-07-2003 , 08:58 AM
hey traveler,

I like the basic shapes and the tiles on the floor. Personally I think there is a bit too much bumb on the walls, floor and tub. The wall structure is nice but maybe the color are a bit too even (a layered shader with some dirt on the top layer might help).
I also think you should try having different shader for the inside and outside of the bathtub. I know that 3d-textures are great, but here I would probaply experiment with some 3d paint (even the one inside maya)
I'm sure you a aware of this, but I thought I would mention that the overall atmossphere of the image will greatly improve when you render shadows. You might want to consider installing a script called GI_Joe (a fake global illumination plug-in) it hels making great shadows for something like this. Another render tool you might find helpful is "ray-difuse" which can add shadows where surfaces meet (corners, line between floor and wall etc.)

Hope any of this was any help to you!

user added image Jeppe

Jeppe Nygaard Christensen
Ghost aps, Denmark
https://www.ghost.dk
# 19 26-07-2003 , 05:41 PM
hey thanks for the comments people.But due to some unlawful activtes on my part i had to reinstall my os.so my project was broken i have to start all over again.

www.cgmaya.tk
# 20 26-07-2003 , 07:43 PM
Subscriber
Hello traveler,
Looks like the bog has seen better days.... just a suggestion but...

1. switch the llights on (too dark)
2. go look at your toilet, it's not round, right?
3. take the bump off the walls and try some wall-paper instead or maybe something a little more subtle, sometimes less is more user added image
4. get some taps on that bath and give it a good clean, try a blinn take down specular roll off and a A LITTLE bump for irragularity.

Appart from that it looks great...

# 21 26-07-2003 , 11:26 PM
Subscriber
i pretty much agree with Ice queen.

the bump is a bit too much and it is too dark.
the actual modelling looks good but texturing needs more work

MSN: mizin_alex@hotmail.com
E-MAIL: mizina@alphalink.com.au
# 22 27-07-2003 , 12:00 AM
um.......its suppost to be a shit hole of a toilet..about the toilet i know its to round...about the bump on the wall i think broken titles would give a better effect for a shit hole of a toilet ...and to round up things its a rough peace of art work.......
Thank for the crit though.

Peace

www.cgmaya.tk
# 23 27-07-2003 , 07:27 PM

nice work

Originally posted by traveler

u seem to get slowly but surely there
i like it
work on ure shaders n lights

# 24 28-07-2003 , 08:01 AM
looks great.....

suggestion: how about some graffiti on the walls and/or garbage on the floor? or perhaps a shallow puddle on the floor around the base of the bowl area.