Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 10-10-2003 , 06:44 PM

mouse character

hi all,

what do you think? i still need to put in some work on the hands and feet, and maybe make the ears bigger? other than that... looking for crits.

user added image

(poly/CPS), about 4-5 hours, no ref (not good, i know user added image )

-----------------------------------------
Consider Phlebas, who once was
handsome and tall as you
# 2 10-10-2003 , 08:12 PM
Subscriber
Hey there Daalex
NO REF? Interesting you have NICE muscle defintion and theres definately talent here. As far as anatomical crits, the ears on mice (and most all small animals) are a very thin, yet slightly rigid (sticks out not flappy like cloth). In fact as you can see in this pic, light passes through them (transluscence) they are soo thin. Its also quite round, not pointed like a cats, which is what the shape of you're looks like.

Now don't take any of this too seriously as you are obviously taking some creative liscense (cartoony a bit). But i'll keep going, the hands are going in the right direction, and this pic may also help with that, and just so you know the back feet look most excatly the same.

Keep going with this man and good luck to you.
Oh and sorry about the blurry pic i cleaned it up as best i could in photoshop (found on a google image search)

Attached Images

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"
Aol Instant messenger: mrcoolbp2

Last edited by Vectorman; 10-10-2003 at 11:28 PM.
# 3 10-10-2003 , 09:52 PM
this is awesome!, keep up the good work mate!

# 4 10-10-2003 , 10:20 PM
thanks, guys. i will try to keep going on this one...
currently working on some dynamic whiskers - nice! show you when they're done...

handsome and tall as you
# 5 10-10-2003 , 11:29 PM
Subscriber
oh i wanted to add also that from the way you constructed his muscles/body, he appears to be an older, adult mouse. Thats just what i get from looking at him.

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"
# 6 11-10-2003 , 07:03 AM
very nice! im working on something similar..well not really..in a way...Vectorman has been alot of help! You better be glad hes on you on this one user added image hehe Great job though man! Keep it up!

<a href="https://forums.simplymaya.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16675">May/June 2005 Challenge Entry</a>
# 7 11-10-2003 , 04:21 PM
Subscriber
We ought to get all our fighting rodents together - we practically have an army's worth!

# 8 11-10-2003 , 04:45 PM
Hmmm what can i say...?
urm... i like it's back legs.

# 9 11-10-2003 , 07:33 PM
Subscriber
I just figured out why his elbows were bothering me, I looks like you just tied a rubber band around it, and there is an indent going all the way around. Most elbows have a small circular indent on the inside, and a bump on the outside.

Attached Images

# 10 12-10-2003 , 07:24 AM
ah, that's right, i forgot to detail the elbow... i'll get right to it.
thanks everyone!

handsome and tall as you
# 11 17-10-2003 , 02:13 PM
added some props...
user added image

handsome and tall as you
# 12 17-10-2003 , 10:27 PM
Subscriber
elbows look better, tail looks a bit wide in that profile view, might be kinda heavy i dunno. Props are cute.