Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 16 21-10-2003 , 01:00 PM
Subscriber
Maya termintaor LOL

grrrr
# 17 21-10-2003 , 02:13 PM
maaaah what have I started??

# 18 21-10-2003 , 05:04 PM
Subscriber
I see what you mean by being machine-like and Christian. I never said I was all machine though ;-) so I can still be Christian as well. I failed to mention that I spent a lot of time reading the Bible as well. Guess I started running and couldn't stop with the Maya stuff. Oh well. lol

*A-hem* anyway, we should get back on subject. That is a very good dear john letter Carrot Juice. Very well writen. user added image

# 19 21-10-2003 , 05:51 PM
Subscriber
Darkware you need a female machine :-) a female machine terminator.
Do go easy on the religious books though they are trash in my humble opinion. Nice stories though in them.

Best way to dump a girl is by getting caught with another girl in your girlfriends bed.
Then again if your girlfriend is dumb she might say I forgive you and not take the hint :-)

grrrr

Last edited by slickrenderer; 21-10-2003 at 06:41 PM.
# 20 21-10-2003 , 07:40 PM
<-- Doesn´t believe in God ..
.. believes in himself.

Seriously though, there´s lots of guys that actually have 3d related jobs AND their girls|fiancee|whatever. It´s just a matter of understanding, and communicating between partners.

I do feel you are going to be missing on much of what life has to offer you Darkware. Come on buddy, go out more often. Believe me, you don´t see it now, but isolation WILL f*ck you up. Been on that road already pal.

My point? Women do not marry machines. They just make them kaput. :p

# 21 21-10-2003 , 08:30 PM
Subscriber
I'm with Adl because I know in Venezuela there are some ffiiiiine women..there is this girl I know from there ...o my god!!! she is amazingly beautiful user added image

but of course, here where a live there are a lot of hispanic cultures and I see a big competition between Colombians and Puerto Rican's user added image

ahh... Darkware... I see all your points reasonable enough but that was when I was 12 and didnt like girls... user added image:... not saying that you arent mature but to show you that Life is not just about Maya.... what if Maya never take off the ground?? what if that programmer threw away Maya v.001 Beta and said "this has no future??"... dont tell me you were gonna be here playin with Bryce... lol user added image

-Emo

# 22 21-10-2003 , 08:40 PM
Before the war starts....think of brian elleebracht. Engaged with a damn great looking woman....and pro modeler....

# 23 21-10-2003 , 08:47 PM
Subscriber

I don't need someone else in my life to be spending my hard earned cash.

Scarily you may find that women these days have (sit down for this) jobs as well! And their own money! And in some countries they even have the vote! If this keeps up they will be just like us, wanting equal relationships and fun times. Goddamn them!

However...my wife has her career and I have mine and we both make an equal contribution to our relationship in emotional terms. I think basically viewing women as money grabbing fiends that want to ruin your life and take the time you have for 3d, is excluding something good from what you can have in life.

As Adl said you can work, do 3d and be married / date; people do things like that all the time, and some of them are even women. And being married / dating doesn't make you unreliable, bad at your job, or your hobby, you just improve your time management skills. Most of the people I know who are at the top of my profession are married and I don't think it has made them unreliable.

# 24 21-10-2003 , 11:05 PM
Subscriber
Emo - I'm 18, not 12. I know what it's like to be attracted to a girl. I just choose not to fall to such a temptation.

Marriage is a risk in my eyes. If I find a good job, I have to be able to move out of state in the blink of an eye. If I have a girlfriend or wife, there is always a chance they would refuse to move b/c of being away from their family or some other reason. Maybe they would do it to please me, but there may always be regret you know. I need to be free. No chains. Nothing holding me back.....

Why do I need to be so free? It goes along with that "dependable" thing I was talking about earlier. If you're free, you can do whatever you want; move where ever you want, be anything you want. If a companey calls me up and wants me to work for them, I need to be able to move there fast. We're talking overnight. Just pack up and leave. That's how solo I am. Can anyone else do that? Yes, but probably not many.

Also, being able to resist women so easily is considered a gift in my eyes. There was another thread here on SM about 3D people being weird. Well, this is just another weird thing about me I suppose.

Can you really blame me for wanting to be the best 3D person I can be? I mean it's not like I'm missing out on anything. I've had a taste of what relationships are like and I've had a taste of 3D. The fact is that I like 3D better. Call me crazy, I don't care. I like what I like and no one is going to change that. It's very simple really.

Originally posted by Emo what if Maya never take off the ground?? what if that programmer threw away Maya v.001 Beta and said "this has no future??"

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!! *inhales* hahahahahahahahaha!!!! *falls on floor in uncontrolable laughter*

Ok, lol, okok.... I do realize that is a possibility, but really man, I highly doubt that is going to happen. At least not any time soon. Alias is very stable.

# 25 21-10-2003 , 11:30 PM
Subscriber

If I have a girlfriend or wife, there is always a chance they would refuse to move b/c of being away from their family or some other reason.

It would not be a very jolly relationship if you could not sit down and talk it out with them; I have moved jobs frequently as my career demands and in the past been stationed in foreign countries for months at a time, I never found my partners wanted to stand in the way of my career. I think you take a very black and white view of relationships, but if that's what you want to do that's fine. I am not sure blocking off a huge area of human relationships is as much of a gift as you think, but if you like what you have why not. I've never been held back by anyone I dated, maybe I am just lucky.

# 26 21-10-2003 , 11:32 PM
Chicks are alot of work, time and money. Im not on the market right now, as i dont have the time or energy for a chick right now.

Armitrex Studios
Now open!!
# 27 21-10-2003 , 11:44 PM
Darkon, I can totally see your point of view. but there really is a lot more out there than 3d (2d for exampleuser added image). you will discover this if you let yourself just love someone, and forget about how it will hold you down, cause then it will totally set you free.

OK so i'm only 15, but I still think I understand what this is about. maybe it won't matter if you're only pulling in 60 grand a year at Unknown Crap Studio if you really are happy with the rest of your life- as long as you can be doing 3d, what does it matter? sereously man, prestiege is much less precious than a good relationship.

# 28 22-10-2003 , 12:42 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by Darkware
I mean it's not like I'm missing out on anything.

um.. I think you are missing out..on a lot!... heh... I'm sorry but I like 3D but you cannot convince me that 3D is better than having a really cute girlfriend by your side being there for you, going places with you, spending time together, go through hard/fun times and so on... you gotta experience that when youre still 18 or else when you get into Marrige, you'll be clueless and there goes your 99% chance of a devorse user added image

Originally posted by Darkware
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!! *inhales* hahahahahahahahaha!!!! *falls on floor in uncontrolable laughter*

Ok, lol, okok.... I do realize that is a possibility, but really man, I highly doubt that is going to happen. At least not any time soon. Alias is very stable.

did you read what I said?? I said v.001 Beta to represent the very first few trys at starting something like Maya... Do have any idea how much damn code there is needed for a program like this?? If I was the lead programmer for maya, I'd charge 20K for a job like that user added image and before you start laughing agian, think about all the troubleshooting they had to go through in order to get Maya where it's at today... it takes one little bug to mess the whole thing up and somebody to give up on the whole idea.. (good thing it didint)

-Emo

# 29 22-10-2003 , 02:01 AM
Subscriber
*sigh* Everyone is against me..... (except for Ultragames of course)

Emo, I'm not trying to convince anyone that 3D is better than having a cute girlfriend at your side. I'm just saying that's my preference.

Carrot - My name is Darkware, not Darkon.

Another big reason I am not big into relationships is that you can't trust anyone. My first father died when my mother was 6 months pregnant with me, so I never got to see my real father. She went through a lot of pain lossing him and has had to deal with that pain for nearly 18 years. My brother was in the car wreck as well and is now a 22 year old head injury. He can't walk, can't talk, can't see, can't do anything basically. She had a kid and look what happened?

She remarried to a guy and stayed with him for nearly 10 years breaking up with him and getting back together two or three times in a row. After they married, she found out he was cheating on her. More pain a relationship caused for my mother.

She divorced and remained single for a few years, then met a roofer. They dated for a year, then got married. About a month ago, she caught him cheating on another woman just like before. She ignorantly believes that things will work out this time, but the relationship is doomed to fail.

These events have had a tremendous impact upon my life as you can well imagine. How the hell am I supposed to love anyone if I have this fear? It's never going to go away. I've lived with it for 18 years. I've seen the pain relationships have caused time and time again. It's not just my mother either. I've heard dozens of cases where one of the parters had been caught cheating. I could probably name 50 people I know right off the bat who have gotten divorced because of problems in their relationships.

Why the hell would anyone want to get married? It's way too big of a risk. I don't have time for that kind of bullcrap. Life is too short for heaven's sake! As oposed to spending time searching for a girl to date and marry taking a big risk, I'd much rather earn as much money as I can and donate it to charities and programs to help people who really need it. (as stated before) - people like my handicapped brother who live day after day sitting in a wheelchair rotting away.

Having a relationship just seems selfish to me when you have the motivation to do so much more with your life; when you have a plan in mind, an unstopable will to help people who have it worse than you..... I can't deny that fact. I just can't.

# 30 22-10-2003 , 02:05 AM
Subscriber
Oh and did I mention that my mother JuSt called the Atlanta Chamber of Congress asking about 3D schools over there and managed to get some good information? This was totally unexpected. Fate, it seems, is pulling me towards my dream.