Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 06-09-2002 , 03:55 PM

killing 3 and 5 sided polys

Ok, I know that I'm supposed to rid my mesh of 3 and 5 sided ploys. However nowhere have I seen tuts on any proven techniques.
Trying desperatly to make nice edge loops, but keep running into the nasty 3 sided buggers. And the 5 sided ones are bad too. I tried deleting the "hanging" edge, and reconnecting verts, but Maya wont let me. There must be a proper way to do this stuff.

# 2 07-09-2002 , 12:49 PM
Supreme Being
whenever i bumb into 3 or 5 sided polys.. i usually just merge verts and might need to split some polys & might have to merge some more..
but what do you mean, Maya doesn't let you..?

# 3 07-09-2002 , 08:35 PM

I was wrong Roman

It does let me create the new edges. I realize now that after deleting a bad edge, I must attach them from a specific side of the poly. Thats OK, it works.

Anyhow, I've been doing the Hobbitguy head and its taught me a great deal. I'm currently struggling with making nice edgeloops and cleaning up any 3 and 5 sided polys.

Also, I havent considered yet, merging verts as an option for cleanup. I'll get on that next

https://maxrovat.sns.hu/subdiv/
This site just answered about 5 big questions I've had. Check it out!