Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 22-01-2004 , 06:33 AM

fur only on specail places

Hi,

i moddelied a head and now i want to put on the fur.But i only want to have the fur on selectet faces! I select the face i want to have but it doesent work, the fur is elswhere. Sombody her wo can help me!

thanks

# 2 22-01-2004 , 09:37 AM
Option 1 make a duplicate, delete the faces you dont want to grow fur, sacle so the rest is a little bit undet the original and aply fur

Option 2 you can control fur growth with a texture (white on the places you want fur and black where you dont)

# 3 22-01-2004 , 11:38 AM
why dont you layout you UVS then paint a fur map that tells Maya where to place the fur (greyscale image with the places where you want fur in white) there was a thread about this ages ago here https://www.forum.simplymaya.com/show...&highlight=fur

that should do it

Alan

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB