Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 02-12-2013 , 03:58 PM
Subscriber

Automatic mapping UV's

Hi people,

I'm just struggling with a behavior of Maya that I don't understand.

Suppose to have a rectangular object like in the attached picture. Using a planar mapping for all the faces, the mapped UV's are in a real scale/ratio (four faces are larger as the other two on the side).

Using automatic mapping, every mapped face is a square and harder to identify. Is there a way to tell them to maintain the scale/ratio? I haven't see any possible entry in the automatic mapping settings.

Many thanks in advance for your reply.

Attached Thumbnails

# 2 03-12-2013 , 04:01 AM
Super Moderator
It happens for some reason, when the transforms aren't baked in. Either freeze transforms on the object or use the scale manipulators to interactively adjust the projection. Freeze transforms is my usual route.

- Genny
# 3 05-12-2013 , 07:52 PM
Subscriber
Genny,

You are my hero of the day!! Thanks for the great hint.