Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 31 02-05-2004 , 09:18 PM
Did you have finished it, or you now workiong on something else and you don`t have time for bathroom??

Best resolt would come, if every one in the group are doing what is best for himself and the group!!

Sorry for bad English, See ya
dead mosquito-blog-on english too
# 32 02-05-2004 , 10:18 PM
Ankalagon,

I have not had the time lately, I get into the other scene house in the woods, and busy at work, and famileuser added image But when I get the time I will do maybe a little more to the bathroom scene, but yeah I think it's about done anyways, what do you think? I mean yeah there alot more that I can do to make it more real looking, but when enough? It's seem that it can be endless, but it all comes down to what you are aiming at.

Peace

# 33 03-05-2004 , 09:29 PM
Jeah i think also that it is mostley finished, i sow your house in wood and it is fantastic work man, i was just stuned whit what speed you work, truck is modeled greatly man , is it poly or it is nurbs model??? And when you asked for blood in scene, jes insert it in and make some horor like with that kitchen, wery nice work wit kitchen also!! Where do you work at?? THX for replaying!!!

Best resolt would come, if every one in the group are doing what is best for himself and the group!!

Sorry for bad English, See ya
dead mosquito-blog-on english too
# 34 03-05-2004 , 11:41 PM
Ankalagon,

Thanks man!!

The truck is all done in polygons (box modeling). The kitchen is my first complete scene, as I have only been doing 3d for just over a year, before that I was doing comic book art etc, heres a link to some of my 2d art my site

I didn't get that much work with my 2d art, so I thought maybe if I get intio 3d I would get some more work (jobs), up entail 3 months ago I just study maya as much as possible, and there was no one else where I live that I knew that was into 3d. So I got as much books as I could with my save money, and ask around CGchat.com, CGtalk.com and learningmaya.com which are very helpful, but this site is better because it's all maya hehehe, but the books are even better IMO. About 3 months ago a friend hook me up with this guys named deke, who is working on a online store, which will be a site that sales 3d models. so I have been working on the site, so that means model model model!! The site should be up in july somethime. So that what i'm doing for a livinguser added image

As far as speed modeling, I'm not trying to go fast, but poeple have told me that I model fast, but really i'm just going my own paste. user added image

I also started the Machineflesh 3D Challenge, but I have very little time for it, but I will do more soon, heres the like if you do not know were it is Machineflesh 3D Challenge

I'm slso working on a ferret for another site that deke has up, which he is updateing.

Most of the inspirations for my 3d work come from the silent hill / resident evil series, the modeling and textureing in those games are awesome IMO user added image But there are movies as well like final fantasy: TSW, which is what got me into 3d in the first place, amazing stuff!

Oh BTW do you have any work on this simplymaya forum anywhere, Or a site? I would like to see your work if you have anyuser added image If not thats ok.

Heres the ferret i'm working on right now:

P.S. the best way to learn to model is to be abserve of as much as possible, like just the things around your house, and start modeling everything, I guess that where I got my speedy from, as i've model just about everything in and outside my house, and believe me you will learn alot just form the most simple things, like your own monitor. And I have modeled things that I did not think I could do, but you do it anyways, and that where you learn the most, and you get better fast, and faster at it.

Peace

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by vedic kings; 04-05-2004 at 12:03 AM.
# 35 03-05-2004 , 11:59 PM
Subscriber
That is awsome! Do you think you can show us where you put the lights before you snap the pics? And how many did you used?

I always have problems with the amount of lights I use.
Even in my video works.

Thanks.

# 36 04-05-2004 , 12:58 AM
Thanks tvholicjames user added image

You know I had a hard time with the lighting for the kitchen scene, which I had way to many. So the less the better IMO.

Light # 1.

Point light
Light blue in color
Intensity - 3.140
Linear
Raytrace Shadows

Light # 2.

Point light
Very light yellow in color
Intensity - 45.472
Quadratic
Raytrace Shadows

Light # 3.

Spot light
Light yellow in color
Intensity - 1.736
No decay
Raytrace Shadows

Light # 4.

Point light
White in color
Intensity - 10.416
Linear
Raytrace Shadows

Hope that helpsuser added image

Attached Thumbnails
# 37 04-05-2004 , 01:00 AM
another view, wire:

You know there only one light in the house in the woods scene, and its a directional light, with raytrace shadows.

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by vedic kings; 04-05-2004 at 01:04 AM.
# 38 07-05-2006 , 01:18 AM
Nice work! Definately like the lighting feel.

One question, why did you put a point light behind the spot light? Why not just use a directional light w/out point aiming the window?

# 39 07-05-2006 , 01:35 AM
lol- that last post was in March of 2004 :p ancient history user added image

Live the life you love, love the life you live
# 40 07-05-2006 , 01:53 AM
Oops, didn't read the date. I don't usually look at the date, I just look at pics. LoL.

:p

# 41 08-05-2006 , 04:39 PM

Originally posted by blitzmaya
Nice work! Definately like the lighting feel.

One question, why did you put a point light behind the spot light? Why not just use a directional light w/out point aiming the window?

Well at the time I don't know, lol!

But now I would render using mental ray and I would now use a directional light for sun lightuser added image

I was surprise someone post in here after more then 2 years!!

If you would like to see what im working on now, here a link
cgtalk challenge XIX

# 42 08-05-2006 , 08:34 PM
wow vedic, your CGTalk challenge is looking good (I woulda joined in but I don't like the topic. Next one maybe).

I like the confused looking alien! user added image Good job user added image

But, could I crit one thing? It looks a tink empty, that's all.

Good work, keep it up! user added image

# 43 08-05-2006 , 09:08 PM

Originally posted by MattTheMan
wow vedic, your CGTalk challenge is looking good (I woulda joined in but I don't like the topic. Next one maybe).

I like the confused looking alien! user added image Good job user added image

But, could I crit one thing? It looks a tink empty, that's all.

Good work, keep it up! user added image

Thanks manuser added image

Well you know im not done with it yet, so more to comeuser added image

Here the bathroom rendered in mental ray.

Attached Thumbnails
# 44 08-05-2006 , 09:11 PM
you actually kept a scene file from 2 years+ ago! Wow, I delete everything the moment I am done with it! Can't say I see way too big of an improvement user added image but you are good!

# 45 08-05-2006 , 09:14 PM
Well I render this scene more then a year ago to see what mental rays could douser added image But yeah I still have the scene, and I save all my scenes. I have a 300gb maxtor hard drive, so I can save all my workuser added image