Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 15-12-2002 , 10:04 AM
Subscriber

Okay, I know I'm killin everyone but ....

Hi,

I have no idea what's going on or what button (i.e. HOTKEY) that I hit, but if I select any object and then vertex and then select some vertex's and move them ... it's like a have a copy of the object underneath ... it's really weird.

I have a rectangle with a square cut out and when I select vertex and move them the original geometry sits where it is and then if I move the points I have the new geometry - hole created by the move and the old geometry hole underneath it .... I am lost ... although I am sure this could be VERY handy in some situations.

Oh yeah, it's 5:00 in the morning and I really am not dillusional .... just on a roll and without care ... well except for the old geometry sting around >>>>

Cheers,

Don.

# 2 15-12-2002 , 10:47 AM
Subscriber
Well, I took the scene file from a couple back ... I save alot and redid the scale all objects using the method provided by Danny in one of my previous threads and all seems to be fine.

Although, I would really liek to know what I did that made Maya behave such that when I picked some geometry it immmediately created a duplicate of the gemetry on top of the original geometry when I right clicked and selected vertex over the geometry and then when I completed the vertex moves it created the new geometry leaving me with the original and the new .....

Any thoughts ...... ????

Cheers,

Don.

It's 6:00 a.m. should I start a new day or just carry on with the old one ..... perhaps I should just blur them together.

# 3 15-12-2002 , 10:52 AM
Subscriber
I guess you only hit Ctrl D and made a duplicate of the object. When going into "vertice mode" you will only affect the vertices on one object at a time, unless you makes several objects "go into" "vertice mode", but that means you have to right-klick two or more objects.

I do not support Bush! Nor Saddam! Long live UN!
# 4 15-12-2002 , 05:56 PM
Subscriber
Yep,

U would be correct .... only thing is that I did on the whole scene .... I guess that's why we need sleep :o). I checked in Outliner and sure enough I had dupes of everything ..... well, at least there was a solid reason ..... besically me being an IDIOT ....

Thanks for your help !!! AGAIN.