Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 16 16-07-2008 , 11:38 AM
Acid44

Originally posted by elephantinc
This guy definatly puts the F-U back into fun!

hahaha.. stop that, you made me wake up my sister from laughing lol

# 17 16-07-2008 , 01:22 PM
Hehehehehe...
quotes from Jack Thompson (over 300):

Wikiquote is your friend (click me) user added image
Very funny, but kind of sad aswell...I mean, how stupid can he get?
:lmao:

EDIT: Made me laugh...
"Hey, you got the quotation correct. Congrats! I'm in Wikipedia and you're not. Maybe when you make a difference in the world by not wasting your time playing games, you'll get in there, too. Until you get a life, you won't be helping anyone else's life. The advice is free. You're welcome. Jack Thompson"

Umm...who of you actually wants to have an article like him?

W.I.P's
-
Finished work
Mech

Last edited by amoeba; 16-07-2008 at 01:32 PM.
# 18 16-07-2008 , 02:32 PM
Super Moderator
I read some of those and thats just sad that an adult (who claims to be educated no less) can say those things and actually thinks hes being clever...Hes a grumpy fart who cannot adapt to a changing world and is looking for a scapegoat on which to blame all the flaws of todays society. No, I don't believe you should let your body rot in front of a tv but the way this guy sounds you'd think some roving band of gamers stabbed his family and shot up his dog and left his home to burn in some kinda weird Mad Max scenario. The problem isn't video games, its litigious, close minded, condescending alpha douches like him who feel the need to categorize and condemn people. What should we being doing for entertainment? Rolling a wheel down a dirt road with a stick? The material wasn't made for kids and if you're 17+ as the rating advises for alot of these games, and you go out and start shooting people cause you thought it was soooo cool and acceptable in a game, then newsfreakingflash, you have bigger issues than a damn video game. If you're still in the oh so tender impressionable age group and you're playing these games and thinking thats the way it is and the way it should be then someone should slap your parents. Its the electronic age, deal with it or jump off a bridge.

My back is all screwed up atm and I'm currently pretty crabby so had to rant some >.>

- Genny
# 19 17-07-2008 , 12:02 AM

My back is all screwed up atm and I'm currently pretty crabby so had to rant some >.>

That would be the first thing Jack would criticize...

"You playing video games made you get an IQ lower than Room temperature! Not to mention how fat you got Physically. Now, you pixelated idiots, get a life out of the computer. Oh, and without even nowing it, you have been pwned by Jack Thompson."

NOTE: He didn't write it, but if he acctually would reply to this, he would, IGNORING everything you wrote. There is no douchebag like him...

W.I.P's
-
Finished work
Mech
# 20 17-07-2008 , 10:46 AM
Jack is just envious that people of the modern age are able to enjoy a entertainment that is more entertaining than rolling a wheel down a dirt road with a stick... user added image

We should start a charitable fund called Games for Jack.

Who knows, maybe he would like to vent his frustrations towards pixels... user added image

I also wonder what the current status of Jack Thompson is... has he been banned yet? There hasn't been anything in the news.

C. P. U. Its not a big processor... Its a series of pipes!
# 21 18-07-2008 , 02:42 AM
Subscriber

"I love the smell of burning gamers in the morning."

burn.... what nut... this is a pretty contradictory statement to what he's fighting against

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 22 18-07-2008 , 07:36 AM

Originally posted by Chirone
burn.... what nut... this is a pretty contradictory statement to what he's fighting against

I don't believe Jack Thompson ist fighting against violence but rather for his own twisted idea of morality. As we know in the past, such "battles" have been fought with such methods such as dunking stools and bonfires. However, I cannot imagine some old lawyer win any fist fight. Seriously, Duke Nukem would seriously pwn Jack Thompson! :p

Last edited by The Architect; 18-07-2008 at 07:39 AM.
# 23 18-07-2008 , 07:40 PM
At first I thought this was funny but with every additional paragraph/quote I read I became more and more aware of how sad it is... user added image
how can an educated adult say such stuff?! and worse:
1. Actually believe in it
2. Do it for so long
3. Maintain his status in the community (actually being heard from on regular basis and not being disqualified right away as a lunatic and sent to a mental health institution)

I'd believe almost every conspiracy theory out there before I consider hearing any more of what he has to say.

user added image so sad
Benny

When in doubt, delete history and freeze transformations.

My latest snake game
(Requires DirectX9 SDK and Framework)
# 24 19-07-2008 , 06:05 AM
Subscriber
lol at this picture

user added image

# 25 19-07-2008 , 08:07 AM
Oh noes! Jack's about to get pwnd! :p

https://cache.kotaku.com/assets/resou...tal-kombat.jpg

More silliness:

Rockstar: We did a little research and I discovered a startling thing... There was violence in the past, long before GTA was invented.

Jack: I see. Fascinating.

Rockstar: Yeah, and know something, Jack? The Crusades, for instance. Tremendous violence, many people killed, the darned thing went on for thirty years.

Jack: And this was before GTA was invented?

Rockstar: That's right, Jack.

(Adapted from a quote taken from an episode of the Simpsons)

And an article from a dramatic encyclopedia: Jack Thompson (NSFW!!)

@ BennyK. Me thinks the reason why Jack hasn't been sent to the nuthouse is because some parents need something to blame for their lack of parenting and Thompson happens to offer them a convenient excuse for not teaching their kids that shooting each other is bad.

This has been going on for a while too. In the 1950s it was Elvis, in the 1960s it was comic books, in the 1970s it was the Rolling Stones, in the 1980s it was stick people carmageddon and in the 1990s and 2000s it is video games/MySpace/teh Internets. I wonder what the next threat to the children will be in 2010?

# 26 19-07-2008 , 10:13 AM

Originally posted by The Architect
I wonder what the next threat to the children will be in 2010?

I'm not sure it will be any different... You know, video games are kind of convenient user added image . Although with this particular, aghm... , person's disbarment it may even change, who knows...

BTW... I haven't been on this planet for long enough to see what happened before video games user added image (although I heard of what happened with Elvis)

Benny

When in doubt, delete history and freeze transformations.

My latest snake game
(Requires DirectX9 SDK and Framework)
# 27 19-07-2008 , 10:47 AM

Originally posted by BennyK
BTW... I haven't been on this planet for long enough to see what happened before video games user added image (although I heard of what happened with Elvis)

Benny

Neither have I, but I saw this documentary once about "evil things" through the times. I don't remember much from it, but there was this funny scene of this old lady who was hysterically screaming at the camera, "I think Elvis is disgusting! Look at him gyrate his hips like that!"

I thought she would faint or something! user added image