Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 01-03-2010 , 03:46 PM

NOT LOOKING REALISTIC

I have made some interior/exterior models in which some are textured and some lighted(not MR) also.But they do not appear realistic. I have seen some demoreels they are absolutely realistic. I can show you my models in which one is::-

https://srv01.simply3dworld.com/showt...threadid=33817

Do these type of models serve the purpose.
Although I have rectified it.

I can also try mudbox,organic,car etc also.

# 2 01-03-2010 , 03:54 PM

working from home

I will be working from home and now learning in frameboxx. Learned modelling,texturing and lighting.

# 3 01-03-2010 , 07:20 PM
Hi There,

the model looks fine to be honest. You might want to have a look into rendering with either mental Ray, Maxwell or V ray if you want to make the object realisitc as these render engines offer very good options for raytracing, global illumination, FG, IBL etc.

If you have not rendered before and are now then I would have a look a the Maya software renderer, its simple and will get you going before going into a more complex render software.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 4 01-03-2010 , 09:19 PM
Actually, I think it'd be nice to even put in a game hehe. I like the textures (texturing is the thing I don't know how to do yet user added image) . But if you're not aiming for as low poly count as possible, then make some bevels, really makes stuff look more realistic. And ofc mental ray/vray etc. you should really use those.

# 5 03-03-2010 , 04:59 PM
Lifetime Member
I think the biggest contribution you can use to make it more realistic is a spec/reflection map, it breaks up the even flattness of a texture and actully makes it look like its had use in it life.

2 x Modeling Challenge Winner
# 6 07-03-2010 , 03:09 PM

faculty said

My faculty has said to remove spec/reflectiom map.