Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 13-10-2011 , 04:10 PM

ANIMATION/FLICKER problem

https://macaboo.com.au/help/tifftry.mov
if u look at the pillars they are flickering like crazy

ok so this is how im going about it. and im kinda relearning some stuff
MAYA SETTINGS:
render: best anti-alias, high quality sampling/shading etc.
no multi-pixel filtering
field options- render: frames
PNG image format
1024 x 768
device aspect ratio: 1.333
pixel aspect ratio: 1.000
24 fps

PNG sequence into after effects settings (the sequence says "non-interlaced)(is that good?)
interpret footage to 24fps

ok so theres alot of movement and its flickering. or looks wrong.
looked up about pixel aspect but im running square pixels

can someone tell me where ive put my settings wrong...im thinking its something with the mutli-pixel filter or bringing it into after effects wrong maybe?

thank you in advance if you can help

# 2 13-10-2011 , 04:38 PM
Senior Software Developer
I can't see this in my phone properly. I will be at home in around 20 mins I'll have a gander then.

R@nSiD (Chris) - Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)
# 3 13-10-2011 , 05:07 PM
The thin red line
What lighting setup are you using..........dave

# 4 13-10-2011 , 05:19 PM
cameodeft,

I have looked at the mov file and I cannot see any flicker. This could be desktop rendering issue, the outputted video is fine for me. What graphics card are you using?

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
# 5 17-10-2011 , 04:05 AM
hey ok i just fresh install of windows and the video has lost its flicker...i just need to smooth the footage a bit more.
wats ur suggestion? multi-pixel filter settings and motion blur settings..can u give me an ideal setup you have used. would mean the world for future projects etc. also am i bringing it into after effects the right way...or should i use tiffs instead of pngs? im layering the render with toon lines so every render layer has an alpha to it. will motion blur look different applied to each layer rather than one flat?

this is my setup

ENVY 15
i7 Q 820
8gb ram
radeon 5850 1gb ddr3 800mhz (latest drivers...but is there any tweaks out there to customize for 3d anim?)

bout 350gb free hd space.

as for lighting setup
i have 2 spotlights and a ambeint light behind the scene. im not sure how to describe it more.
does lighting effect movement?

thanks guys as well....my teachers dont know shit!

# 6 20-10-2011 , 07:17 AM
Render settings are always going to be project specific. When I looked at the mov file I didn't see any glaring issues. If your going to composite then use the best image format available to you. Personally I would swap from png to tif format. Tifs are much much bigger in size and you seem to have a rig that can handle it. Render times will increase also so be prepared to leave the system alone to render. It's going to be trial and error but once your happy dump a screen shot here and we can have look and see what's going on. Motion blur is up to you, but don't over use it or make it appear to strong, with motion blur subtle is best IMHO.

publicFunction (Chris) - Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter