Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 20-03-2013 , 03:33 PM
Lifetime Member

Maya with Vray Tutorial Request

Hello there,

I was wondering if we could have some (a lot) V-ray video tutorials here in SimplyMaya.

Let say some Architecture / Sci-Fi Corridors from modeling to final render (Vray lights and Materials setup) ?

Rendering passes with V-ray. Basically anything that helps a new V-ray beginner / Intermediate level.

Thank you.

# 2 21-03-2013 , 03:21 AM
Having Fun!!!!
I'm with you on this one. Tut please!!!

# 3 21-03-2013 , 07:56 PM
Technical Director
Just so you guys know, what you're asking will take a considerable amount of time, and will therefore be extremely unlikely to be free.

Just putting it out there, as many people say they want a tutorial, but are unwilling to pay for it user added image

I'll give David a ping, and we'll see what he thinks.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.

Last edited by NextDesign; 21-03-2013 at 07:59 PM.
# 4 21-03-2013 , 09:30 PM
SM Tea Boy
I'll look into it guys, i do use vray but now i'm just finishing of a new mental ray tutorial, so maybe after that.

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 5 21-03-2013 , 09:56 PM
Having Fun!!!!
NextDesign- I always pay for tuts here, and I have never being disappointed user added image but I understand you, many people don't want to pay thats true.

# 6 25-03-2013 , 12:20 PM
Lifetime Member
Even being a lifetime member here, if is a project based tutorial about Vray and costs (due to whatever reasons that is), I will definitely be more than happy to pay for it if needed.

Some ideas could be like a Sci - fi corridor or, my favorite, character using Vray to setup.
I'm in for sure. user added image

# 7 25-03-2013 , 01:22 PM
SM Tea Boy
As i say i'll put it on the list user added image and as a lifetime member of course it will be free to you user added image expect it to take 2 - 3 weeks though.

All the best
Dave

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 8 25-03-2013 , 03:21 PM
Lifetime Member
You da man David.
Thank you!

sci-fi corridor gets my million votes!

Have you consider simplyvray.com ? user added image