Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 09-02-2015 , 11:12 AM

Need some help with Toprig

Hi there,
I need your help with a script I bought today. It's called Toprig (here's the link to the demo vid https://youtu.be/MmoPNibVe40).
Well, I import my obj, press the toprig tab, it appears, then I select the obj and then nothing works as planned.
It keeps sending me a message about defining a skeleton and an error on a line of the script (see picture).
It the readme file, it is specified:
"*First , please, be sure that the freeze transformations tool is set as default setting !"
And I don't have the slightest idea on how to do that.
If anyone could bring me some help on that problem, it would be really appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 09-02-2015 , 06:40 PM
EduSciVis-er
I'm not sure why toprig is erroring out, but I do know that to reset the freeze transformations, just open up the freeze transformations options box (Modify > Freeze Trasnformations > []) and go edit > reset settings.

# 3 09-02-2015 , 06:47 PM
Thank you for answering.
Is the obj the problem and should I try with a FBX version of the character?

# 4 09-02-2015 , 06:58 PM
EduSciVis-er
Looking at your mesh, I wonder if it's because you have a triangulated mesh, rather than nice clean quads. Check the requirements of the plugin, it might say there.

# 5 09-02-2015 , 09:49 PM
I can't find any information about TopRig. Or I don't know where to find it.
And if the problem is the triangulated mesh, is there a way to correct the problem?
I am a newbie but I can follow instructions.