Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 09-03-2015 , 09:23 AM

setting file 'preview' in mac OS

hi,

In earlier versions of Maya, if I wanted to view a texture file or source image (something plugged into a material basically), clicking on the view button would open it in the native 'preview' Mac OS application.
Somewhere down the line this has changed to 'fcheck' - which I find a little flaky, and so would like to change it back to 'preview'

I can find the preference for this easily enough, but navigating to the app in my applications folder won't allow me to select the app - Maya treats it as the unix folder it is and so I end up navigating into the folder structure of the app.

Does anyone know how I can stop this behaviour, or where within the app folder structure I'll find the file I need?

thanks

# 2 09-03-2015 , 05:18 PM
Lifetime Member
The path to the Preview executable:
/Applications/Preview.app/Contents/MacOS/Preview

Similarly you can specify any other application as well. The main executable can usually be found in the "Contents/MaxOS" directory within the main application.

For example:
/Applications/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop CS6/Adobe Photoshop CS6.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Photoshop CS6

Earth: The crazy asylum of the universe.
# 3 09-03-2015 , 11:02 PM
thanks pixalZA - but unfortunately I can't select the executable once navigated to... it's greyed out. :\

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by se7enhedd; 10-03-2015 at 08:22 AM.
# 4 10-03-2015 , 02:38 AM
Lifetime Member
Just type or copy and paste the text.

Earth: The crazy asylum of the universe.

Last edited by PixalZA; 10-03-2015 at 02:41 AM.
# 5 10-03-2015 , 08:21 AM
brilliant. Thanks pixalZA