Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 25-03-2015 , 01:21 AM

Fill a gap between two converted polygons

Hi I have imported a simple scene from CAD in a DXF file format. the scene is made up of two squares one bigger than the other i am trying to fill the gap between them with faces.

when i imported the scene the squares are made up of 4 curve shapes so I have added a paint effect -> Curve Utilities -> Attach brush to curve.
I then converted the brush's to polygons then combined them so they are all one object.
I then did this for the other square to.

So now i just want to fill between the two squares.

Any help would be appreciated.

Mark

# 2 25-03-2015 , 03:16 AM
Can you give us a screen shot? Generally to fill between two polygons you first combine them and then bridge. But it would help to see what you are working with.

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675
# 3 25-03-2015 , 11:09 AM
Hi i have attached a screen shot.

Attached Thumbnails
# 4 25-03-2015 , 04:38 PM
Wow. Just wow. What exactly am I looking at - really thin polygons that almost appear to be curves they are so thin or am I looking at curves?

In either case you are making your life much harder then it needs to be. You can recreate that shape by extruding edges of a polygon plane in about 30 seconds of work and that included taking a screen shot of your image, applying it to a shader, applying that to an image plane and then extruding the shape.

Maybe you need to explain why you are using such a convoluted method to create essentially inner and outer boundary curves of that shape?

user added image

You could also do this with create polygon and simply click on the corner cv's of the curves you brought in from the CAD application.

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675

Last edited by ctbram; 25-03-2015 at 04:46 PM.
# 5 26-03-2015 , 10:01 AM
Hi that is curves. I am trying to see how to do it then create a script which converts the curves to polygons then extrude to create walls. So would you suggest create a plane and attach the curves to the plane?

# 6 26-03-2015 , 03:15 PM
I figured it out with using the surfaces extrude that way I don't have to convert it to a polygon or add a paint effect. I believe I was making it much harder than it should have been.

Thank you for your help.

Mark